Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Quick Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lovemyroyal
Hatchling

54 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  14:38:57  Show Profile  Click to see lovemyroyal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have had to put my royal in his/her rub in a viv as its getting very drafty with the cold weather and his temps on the cool side where dropping to 71f. So I have had to also move him to another side of the room so the window is now facing him on the other side, will this upset him much? as I'm worrying now as he had settled really well and fed fantastic for me. He is in blue at the minute so I wont be able to hold him/her for a while so can I count this as settling again in his new place in the room? sorry if this sounds silly

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  14:44:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, no it's not silly at all. If you're worried about the increase of light, just position his hides with the entrance pointing away from the light.

My upstairs viv stack faces a window in a south facing room, and this is what I do with my royals' hides. The corns like to watch what's going on but the royals do like their privacy. Hope this helps.

Go to Top of Page

lovemyroyal
Hatchling

54 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  15:06:34  Show Profile  Click to see lovemyroyal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Hi, no it's not silly at all. If you're worried about the increase of light, just position his hides with the entrance pointing away from the light.

My upstairs viv stack faces a window in a south facing room, and this is what I do with my royals' hides. The corns like to watch what's going on but the royals do like their privacy. Hope this helps.

Thank you I will change the hides to face different after s/he has shed not to much light for him/her as its far across the room I was more concerned about the different look to the room in case s/he thinks its been moved like when I first got him/her I hope I make sense lol at the minute I'm just keeping an eye on the temps now with him/her being in a tub then in a viv but gutted as I didn't realise s/he was in blue and I'm wondering now how I'm going to get the probe in his hot hide.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  15:20:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, they are very very crafty about springing a blue on you. They're such retiring snakes which makes it more difficult. S/he's rub is the world at present; as long as that stays the same, the snake won't notice the view.

Go to Top of Page

lovemyroyal
Hatchling

54 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  15:41:42  Show Profile  Click to see lovemyroyal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Lol, they are very very crafty about springing a blue on you. They're such retiring snakes which makes it more difficult. S/he's rub is the world at present; as long as that stays the same, the snake won't notice the view.

Thank you feel much better now :)
I have just checked the temp now on the cool side and its saying 82f so i have opened the glass doors each side a little to let some air in if im right i only want about 80f on cool side?
Go to Top of Page

lovemyroyal
Hatchling

54 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  15:47:28  Show Profile  Click to see lovemyroyal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wish there was a chat thing on here that would make things easier to do my waffling lol or if I had a friend close by that had a royal and could help. I worry so much and when its older and putting him/her in a viv well i have a headache trying to understand that lol but its a while off yet.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  15:59:27  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lots of us have our MSN addresses on our profiles (myself included), you're welcome to talk to us there if you need instant communication for your worries :)

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

lovemyroyal
Hatchling

54 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  16:18:25  Show Profile  Click to see lovemyroyal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Lots of us have our MSN addresses on our profiles (myself included), you're welcome to talk to us there if you need instant communication for your worries :)

Thank you i will look now and see if i can work it out :)
Go to Top of Page

lovemyroyal
Hatchling

54 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  16:36:10  Show Profile  Click to see lovemyroyal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Think i have sent you a request. hope you don't mind :)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  16:42:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,I don't do msn but my email addy is on the hobbies section of my profile - the pm'ing thingy doesn't work on this forum. I'm usually at home (was taking time out to make some banana bread and read about indigo snakes - naughty) but I'm NOT exactly an expert myself and when it comes to rubs I only use them in emergencies so a good thing to talk to someone with more experience on here. But if you'd like to chat, just get in touch.

80 cold 91 hot (had to look that up as I've only got my head round celsius ...)

Everything sounds fine - you'll get there.

Go to Top of Page

lovemyroyal
Hatchling

54 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  16:46:46  Show Profile  Click to see lovemyroyal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi,I don't do msn but my email addy is on the hobbies section of my profile - the pm'ing thingy doesn't work on this forum. I'm usually at home (was taking time out to make some banana bread and read about indigo snakes - naughty) but I'm NOT exactly an expert myself and when it comes to rubs I only use them in emergencies so a good thing to talk to someone with more experience on here. But if you'd like to chat, just get in touch.

80 cold 91 hot (had to look that up as I've only got my head round celsius ...)

Everything sounds fine - you'll get there.
Thank you :)
When they say royals get stressed they have nothing on me lol

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  17:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lovemyroyal

quote:

Think i have sent you a request. hope you don't mind :)

I don't mind at all, but I don't seem to have the request, although I am on my phone at the moment so it might come through when I get back on the pc.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000