New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark.
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  11:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there all , I have post previous about my setup but just out of curiosity I had cardboard hides in the hot end and I have now replaced them with seed trays ( not thin sharp dangerous ones ) with a hole cut out for getting in and out also there are quite a few air holes in the top . I have placed a digital thermostat in where the hide is at the hot end does the enclosed hide have an influence in rise in temperature because it's enclosed and what is the solution to this as the pulse stat is currently set at below 32 degrees and the thermostat is showing above the 92s any help ASAP would be appreciated also I have a mimic really usefull box in the rack with the probe from the pulse stat at the hot end and paper towel the same as the snakes setups will I need to put a hide in the mimic rub , but will this not keep the mats of off longer if the temperature on the thermostat is showing a higher temperature than what the pulse is set at

Edited by - Mark. on 30/10/2011 11:10:11

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  12:06:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never used a pulse stat with a mat but from what Ive read they are much better than a mat stat, as long as the probe from the stat is actually touching the mat it is controling you should get an even temp, I find that the temp on my digi thermometer is always different to the one on my stat, if you place the hide on the mat and the stat probe on the mat just outside the hide then the temp in the hide will probably be slightly higher but placing the stat probe in the hide won't help as the snake may sit on it giving a false temp to the stat, It takes a while to get the position right but keep the probe outside the hide and move it about so that you aim for an ambient temp of about 30c in the actual hide, hope that makes sense lol

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Mark.
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  12:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi reptile mad . I have got an empty really usefull box with the pulse stat probe at the heat mat end so i don't have the problem of the snake touching the pulse stat probe .
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  15:53:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok sorry mis read that point the thing is if your spare RUB isn't exactly set up the same way your lived in one is your going to get different temp readings, silly question but if your not planning on using the empty one I'd just put the probe in the one with the snake and save electicity lol

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Mark.
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  18:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol , I have 3 levels and a mat on each level heating 2 rubs per heat mat I have a spare half of a mat so might as well pug it to use lol , atleast no fluctuations etc with the snake laying on it etc I have mimicked the rubs so here's hoping it all goes well .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000