New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nikki0421
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  09:27:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I fed Oscar on Thursday and then left him for a couple of days as I usually do. I went in on Saturday to get him out and he was acting really out of character. He was coming right out of the hide and following my hand everywhere it went and was really alert. As I went to slide the door open he was there waiting for me to do it. He has been like this since then and I haven't mananged to get him out as I'm afraid of getting bitten. He is normally a very quiet docile little boy so I can't understand where this has come from. Has anyone else experienced this and do you think it could be aggression or something else. He is acting much the same as he does when there is a rat on offer. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to have to leave him in the viv all the time.

jonoandapril
Yearling

United Kingdom
455 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  09:45:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my girls been doing this, shes stopped now but i think it was just inquisitivness. she never tagged me but i was cautious just incase. slow deliberate movements and all that.

1.1.0 corns (amel + carolina)
2.3.0 normal, fire, pastel and 2 bumblebee royals
1.0.0 jungle carpet python
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  10:24:09  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Blitz do this when he is hugry, there is nothing to worry about. maybe the last meal wasn't enough so he want more, just give him more and he will be okay

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  12:17:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like been nosey. My Boa does this and it can be a bit unnerving but she has never gone from that to a bite so I wouldn't worry.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  15:46:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems to be a lot of this about - it's royal mating season; formerly placid royals are getting ...welll... even in their first winter. My cf10 male, now in his second winter, is very restless and even hissed at me, but this is only temporary, he's still dead soppy. Gives me his little boy lost look and still has to have loads of cuddles lol.

Don't be too worried if your lad's mood is up and down or if he refuses the odd meal ...(last year Shahi's appetite was up and down from Nov and then he fasted from the new year on.) I don't think you'll get bitten. Your lad's just a mixed up young male at the mercy of his hormones lol.)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000