Cuuute!

But highly dangerous!

Had to share ...

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  19:17:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are seriously cute and fiesty little Ziskaettes but couldn't watch more than 5 minutes because that guy was really getting on my nerves, dropping them on the floor, handling one handed while filming with the other and then the final straw for me, spraying a pit viper in the face with his hand cm's away from the snake. TOTALLY irresponsible and dangerous.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  19:32:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't see him drop one on the floor! Mind you, they jump - think corn hatchlings.

At first I too was puzzled by his antics - BUT - these snakes are all highly venomous. There is probably no safe way to handle them, other than how he does, with hook etc.

The water spraying - a lot of his snakes are wild-caught, and wild caught snakes don't understand water bowls. Plus many venomous snakes live in very arid areas where standing water doesn't exist.

At a rough guess I reckon he evolved this 'bottle-feeding' method in order to simulate wild conditions - many snakes only drink raindrops off leaves or their own faces. I've watched a few of his videos and seen this technique - and they do soon learn about the water bottle and drink; he once said that it was also to make sure the snake was properly hydrated.

Also I know his enclosures look a bit mucky ...again, you can't just go in there and spot clean like you would with a non-venomous snake; the only alternative I reckon is to hook the snake out into a rub and then clean, and if the snake's wild and stressy, maybe you can only do that say once a month...

At first I thought like you, but having watched a few of this guy's videos, he IS eccentric, but he does seem to know what he's doing - at least from my limited experience and knowledge I have to say of course. He does seem to have a real affection for them, at any rate.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  19:48:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get the theory behind the water bottle but I just think the jet of water to the face with your hand so close is asking for trouble.

He is too much for my liking and I think he should better demonstrate safety.

Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  23:38:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

I get the theory behind the water bottle but I just think the jet of water to the face with your hand so close is asking for trouble.

He is too much for my liking and I think he should better demonstrate safety.

he waves his hand around them if you watch closer lol.you could also say.trying to do whatever with the snakes and filming at the same time is asking for trouble to.

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic