How on Earth....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  10:21:49  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can you own a snake for about 4 years and not know what species it is?

i don't mean morph...actual species!!

Just seen a post on Facebook - friend of a friend selling a corn snake they've had since it was a hatchling apparently... but now they're selling it (fair enough)

It's a bloody Milk snake!! LOL an albino nelsons milk if my googling is right... no expert on Milks but i know when a corn isn't a corn hehe!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  10:28:32  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
and now i have seen everything!

http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/zebra-seeking-new-homes-for-adoption/91706886

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  11:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's incredible - although if the seller told them it was a corn, and they never met any other snake people or went on the forums or did any research, I suppose they'd go on thinking it was a corn. A bit like lots of us who believed what a shop told us about setups until we visited the forums. But still ...LOL!

And a Zebra ...aren't they supposed to be incredibly vicious and unpredictable (not their fault, just unsuitable for domestication.)
I'm no expert on equine stuff, mind ...

They might have been better advertising it as a uniquely striped Welsh Cob maybe ...

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  11:26:04  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

That's incredible - although if the seller told them it was a corn, and they never met any other snake people or went on the forums or did any research, I suppose they'd go on thinking it was a corn. A bit like lots of us who believed what a shop told us about setups until we visited the forums. But still ...LOL!

And a Zebra ...aren't they supposed to be incredibly vicious and unpredictable (not their fault, just unsuitable for domestication.)
I'm no expert on equine stuff, mind ...

They might have been better advertising it as a uniquely striped Welsh Cob maybe ...

i know, but surely in 4 years they should have at least seen or looked up about corns and seen a picture! they were really surprised when someone told them it was a milksnake... maybe they should have kept quiet and told them in it was a carolina corn and got a cheap funky albino milk snake! (very funky colours i must say!)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=albino+nelsons+milksnale&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=270&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=He_ETvP4B4Ps-gbKpoHlDQ&ved=0CCEQsAQ&biw=1442&bih=1203&sei=J-_EToLNEcGr-gaS5sn2DQ#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=enL&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=K-_ETrGTC8Gi-gaPg_DdDQ&ved=0CDoQBSgA&q=albino+nelson%27s+milk+snake&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=93443a1a6f32974c&biw=1442&bih=1203

i want!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  14:14:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Breathtaking!

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  14:48:51  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Breathtaking!

i know, very pretty! whilst trying to suss out what sort of milk snake it was exactly, i found a hybrids breeder with some of the most amazing coloured milk/king/corn crosses.... say what you will about hybrids but wow...eye candy!! http://www.uk-hybrids.com/ ( click on the gallery link)

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  22:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After all that time,you would come across something telling you,they had to mix with snake owners,When buying food right.There either lying about something or done zero research,Which would make me think they had poor husbandry.

If you don't no what said animal is,how do you know how to keep it?everything is different.which goes back to my first point.Just watch this,kinda explains it all,she had no idea about anything or really cared at the time.A monkey in a zoo could see the tank was a dirty **** hole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns3C06qLxG0

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic