New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marc_sg
Yearling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  18:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My local reptile shop has said next year he'll have super pastels and super lemons. 1.are these both pastels
2.if breed with a spider will u get a bright bumblebee.
i really like this morph and would love to get a really bright one.

Also with spieds do you need to breed the pied to the spider then breed the babies to each other or can you get spieds on first pairing

0.1.0 ghost (silva)
1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)

0.1 ghost bloodred pied corn
1.0 ghost bloodred het pied
1.0 staffy x beagle
0.1 staffy
0.1 pinstripe royal

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  19:18:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I've seen young to adults, my experience has been that super pastels are fantastically bright while young, and still remain very bright as they age when compared to 'normal' pastels who often fade out. But I have also seen super pastel adults that have white washed a little across the yellow.
Super lemon pastels again have fantastic colouring while young, but, to me, they seem to fade and dull out more in age like a 'normal' pastel seems to do.
From what I've seen of lemon pastels, they seem to become more or stay equally as vibrant when fully grown as when they are young.
But these traits often come down to how good the blood line is.
Google and http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/ are a good place to see the comparisons between juvenile and adult changes to vibrancy and fading out.

As to the spied question. My understanding is, with Pied being recessive, and Spider being dominant, you would pair together a get normals, spiders and het for pied (either normal het pied or spider het pied) and then would have to breed some of the first generation back to try and gain spied.
I may well be wrong with this, as it's kind of a hard gene pool to hit accurately from what I gather.

If I am, them I'm sure someone will be able to correct my garble!!

Edited by - Jayde on 27/11/2011 19:23:52
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Yearling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  20:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im buying a book on the genetics of ball pythons when it comes out next year will have well over 250 royal morphs in. this way i can get to grips with them before i buy mine. but these are some im thinking of starting with

0.1.0 ghost (silva)
1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)

0.1 ghost bloodred pied corn
1.0 ghost bloodred het pied
1.0 staffy x beagle
0.1 staffy
0.1 pinstripe royal
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000