( something x something = Albion )

Thanks guys

jameshouse92
Yearling

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  18:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depends what "something" is.. lol

I'm sure albino is a recessive gene so you would need two albinos/ two het albino/an ablino and a her albino
Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  20:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correct. Albino's can only be produce from visual albino's, or an Albino Gene carrier (Het Albino)
Check out http://www.worldofballpythons.com/wizard/ if you are looking into creating breeding pairs & want to see the offspring.
Kevin McCurley's The complete Ball Python. Brilliant book,explains genetics and breeding really well.
Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  20:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking on breeding in few years and I wanted to know which pythons would I need to buy to produce a albino
Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2011 :  21:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok.
Well, Albino is a recessive gene, so if you breed a visual albino (a Royal with the white & yellow/orange markings) to a normal you won't get any visual off spring, just off spring carrying the albino gene (het. Albino) ** These gene carriers look like a normal royal in appearance.
If you breed 2 visual albino's, you should get visual offspring.
If you breed a visual albino & a Het. Albino, you should get some visual and some Het. Albino offspring.
If you breed 2 Het. Abino's, you should some normals/Het. Albino (you'll never actually now which is a carrier without breeding them back to see if they have the gene) and some visuals.

I say 'should' because you are dealing with a recessive gene meaning sometimes it may take a few breeding seasons to produce any visual offspring.

The short answer is.. If you want to breed albino's you either need some visuals or Het. Albino's. If you are going for the cheaper route of Het's, then ensure you use a trusted source, to try and guarantee some truth in the bloodline.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000