new photos for rasha and the new python slinky
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sultanheart
Yearling

United Arab Emirates
182 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  10:37:30  Show Profile  Visit sultanheart's Homepage  Click to see sultanheart's MSN Messenger address  Send sultanheart a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hi friends.. two days ago i brought one new small python as a gift and a new friend for rasha and honestly i dont know his sex.. i named him (slinky) since this name can be for both male and female. i was worried maybe he is not eating coz the seller told me that he never eats since loooong time. but when i offered food for him , he didnt refuse to eat.. have a glance at rasha and slinky while feeding time yesterday!!!!

this is slinky eating his first mice with me

that was slinky now this is rasha eating after two weeks fasting

that was the first mice for rasha but then i gave her the second mice out of the viv coz she swallowed some of the red sands while eating the 1st mice

thanx for watching,, Rasha & Slinky

1.1.0 royal python(Rasha & slinky)
0.0.1 box turtle
0.0.1 water turtle
2.1.0 canary birds
1.1.0 budgies birds

Edited by - sultanheart on 04/12/2011 10:39:54

frambo
Yearling

United Kingdom
228 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  11:17:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous snakes!

Just one thing, I would say that you should feed them outside their enclosures as there is a lot of sand/substrate that could get ingested which is bad for the snakes.

0.0.3 Koi Carp
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  12:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely snakes - I'm glad you've got that little guy feeding because he looks as if he needs a square meal - congrats! By the look of him he's got a bit of stuck shed too. I wouldn't bother trying to get it off him just now but when he does shed, keep an eye on it and his eyecaps and tailtip too.

Forgive my asking but what sort of substrate is he on? It looks like the woodshavings sold in the UK for rodents etc, and this can often be shredded softwood, which is usually pine. It's fine for rodents but can be toxic to snakes. If it smells at all 'piney' I'd keep it for your mice and put Slinky on to something else - newspaper is fine although it doesn't look as good I know.

But great feeding pics and two gorgeous snakes and congrats on the new arrival.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  13:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That wood shaving looks very much like pine shavings. This is toxic to snakes and can kill them quite quickly. You would be better feeding them on newspaper or on nothing at all if they are readily eating anything put in front of them it shouldn't put them off.

Question for you. What is the pet trade like in the UAE? Do you find it difficult sourcing things you need?

Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  14:59:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see them eating. Good pics.

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal, Oscar.
1.0.0 German Shepherd, Bailey.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  15:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pine dust is toxic,and like others have said,id feed outside the vivs.
One of them is eating alot of sand each meal,which will/can cause impaction.

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

sultanheart
Yearling

United Arab Emirates
182 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  17:00:24  Show Profile  Visit sultanheart's Homepage  Click to see sultanheart's MSN Messenger address  Send sultanheart a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thank you so much my friends for ur comments and ur great advices..

@ frambo : thanxs for ur advice, well appreciated =)
@ BurnedAtTheStake : thanxs, yeah slinky has some shed stuck, hopefuly he will get rid of them the next shed. about the substrate i put both pythons in one viv on red sands coz red sands is clean, easy to find any kind of insects or mites, absorbs well and easy to clean.. but i have a container with woodshavings in it.. i thought its better than red sands while feeding time.. but to my surprise and according to ur comments its toxic for snakes.. so i will never do that again and will never put their life at risk.. thanx again friends =)
@ lotbob : yes ur right, i won't do that again.. thanx for advice!! about the pet market here in UAE, well u can find any animal u want =) big cats, all kinds of reptiles, see animals,dogs, cats, insects, birds etc... anything u can find, any thing u need for them.. here in UAE lot of people love animals, there are a lot of british people here coming to animals market and the prices just fine. i bought slinky around 37 US dollars =)
@ Lorraine : its really good to see them eating..thanx so much =)
@ boomslang : thanx for ur advice =)

0.0.1 box turtle
0.0.1 water turtle
2.1.0 canary birds
1.1.0 budgies birds
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2011 :  20:54:47  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nice feeding pics, and congrats on the new arrival

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

sultanheart
Yearling

United Arab Emirates
182 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  11:12:29  Show Profile  Visit sultanheart's Homepage  Click to see sultanheart's MSN Messenger address  Send sultanheart a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanx a lot tawfik

0.0.1 box turtle
0.0.1 water turtle
2.1.0 canary birds
1.1.0 budgies birds

Edited by - sultanheart on 05/12/2011 11:13:05
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: