om nom nomming again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  14:51:13  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
whooop.. Chancho ate last night... thought i'd try and start him on large weaners as i hadn't had chance to nip to the shop and buy more small weaners. But lo and behold he ate a large weaner!

I'm going to space his feeding out now, as i reckon it will mean less waste during his off/on fast, every 10 days instead of 7 days... is that right? Last time i weighed him he was around 500g (that was a couple months ago - just waiting for a dump!)... is 10 days ok or should he still be on 7 days at his weight?

Having the same thoughts about the corns - although i've never weighed them, they're both typical yearling sizes, well one slightly larger, on med/large mice, but one is starting to look porky... in fact it's like he's just getting fatter and not longer! He was the same size as Betty is now, when i got him in March, back when Betty was tiny - she's really caught up with him haha

Any advice welcomed!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  15:27:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Chancho!

I go by Blackecho's guide - 400-800g, every week, 800-1200g every 10 days.

If a fasting snake refuses, I wait a fortnight before offering again; if it eats, I feed on what would normally be its next feeding day ...gets a bit complicated lol. There again, all my lot range from almost 800g to 1500g - for a smaller snake I'd wait 10 days rather than a fortnight.

This is only what I do personally; it's not writ in stone - hope I've made sense by the way; Shiva is having armchair walkies as I type this and Mouse is jealous, so I'm typing with one hand, steering Shiva with the other, and stroking Mouse with my third hand, well that's what it feels like lol.

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2011 :  15:49:03  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Congrats Chancho!

I go by Blackecho's guide - 400-800g, every week, 800-1200g every 10 days.

If a fasting snake refuses, I wait a fortnight before offering again; if it eats, I feed on what would normally be its next feeding day ...gets a bit complicated lol. There again, all my lot range from almost 800g to 1500g - for a smaller snake I'd wait 10 days rather than a fortnight.

This is only what I do personally; it's not writ in stone - hope I've made sense by the way; Shiva is having armchair walkies as I type this and Mouse is jealous, so I'm typing with one hand, steering Shiva with the other, and stroking Mouse with my third hand, well that's what it feels like lol.

aha, it does makes sense, and i can very much relate to it being impossible to type and steer a wayward royal!

I shall keep trying with him eating every 7 days then (or 14 days for a failed attempt like you say), i do want him to grow properly! i doubt he's magically gone over the 800g mark yet as long as i know :D

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000