Just KNEW she would! (A mucky story)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2011 :  15:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Typical, isn't it? You decide to retire for the night, but the snakes decide otherwise ...

Last spring I knew that Bats' Belfry would be joined by another corn snake. A snow corn, female, with some sort of problem. Her name would be Mistletoe. I looked on Preloved and there she was. Snow stripe, a year old, 'with a bit of an attitude problem' - and only a bus ride away. How could I not take her?

She was a tiny girl, probably why her breeder was selling her at that age, as she wasn't likely to make breeding weight. My luck because she would make a beautiful pet. She had the typical rat snake head which so many corn morphs have, tiny, with huge eyes. She was quiet at first but then the fun began. I had only to go near her for her to tail rattle, thresh wildly and strike out at random. I gave her the traditional settling in period, which wasn't long because she was a fierce eater. No problems there. Her name soon became 'Missy'.

I started handling her. She threshed about like a whip but would soon calm down. She never bit me. Then the viv-defensiveness which her breeder had been so honest about just vanished, although I don't always handle my snakes regularly, preferring to let them 'ask' for armchair walkies. They do have plenty of viv furniture, plants, hides, climbing branches, so a ramble round in my absence provides exercise if they want it.

Missy didn't ask for anything but food. She was - still is - a little eating machine. She began to grow and I'd say she will definitely make breeding weight by the time she's three. A slow starter maybe, who can tell? Despite not being handled overmuch she's now a big placid girl who loves her grub.

The other night though, as I went to bed, she was up at her viv window, clearly asking to come out. I stopped for a word with her and opened her window and she was straight out into my hands, pleased and excited. She romped all over the bed although she was a little displeased that I wouldn't let her disappear down the narrow gap next to the window. INTERESTING down there! Why wouldn't I let her explore? Cross! She showed off. She tail rattled and even turned round and gave me a tiny nip.

Eventually, after being steered round the bed for a zillion laps, she stopped zooming around and relaxed a little. In my experience of corn snakes, this can be dangerous, especially for soft furnishings ...

My bed is covered by a patchwork quilt. I made it myself. It's over 10 years old now and a little battered after many washings and cat-kneadings, but I'm very fond of it. It took me over 8 months to make, all by hand. The foot of the bed is where my cats sleep and so I keep a towel over the quilt there, to protect it. How is it that three cats, who don't wander and who are always washing themselves, can create so much grime, just by sleeping on something? I never cease to marvel. Anyway, the towel is more easily washed than the whole quilt.

Missy reclined at her ease, looking wonderful on the predominantly red, black, pink and cream quilt. Hmmm, I said, let me just move your tail on to the towel, in case ...

And she did!

I knew she would!

Where does it all come from? Another washing day. At least she didn't get my quilt. Love her dearly but, cornsnakes eh?

Edited by - n/a on 17/12/2011 15:54:56

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2011 :  17:50:17  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haha!!!

YES, such mucky pups these corns!

I was giving Betty a clean out the other day (found a huge poo so assumed nothing more was going to come out!!), got her out of the spare RUB to pop her back in and she pooped EVERYWHERE as i had her in my hands! a trail from the spare RUB, over the blanket we keep on the sofa, on the floor, popped her back into the spare rub as soon as i noticed, and more poop!

Little poo monster, how can something so little make so much poo!!!!!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2011 :  18:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Little horror! Naughty Betty!

It's like cats - if a cat wants to be sick, it will ALWAYS choose a carpeted surface, or better still, matting, because then all the runny bits go down the holes ...A fellow Siamese breeder had a girl who, whenever she felt nauseous, would jump up on top of the cooker, which had an eye level grill with those ventilation holes on top ...they hadn't been able to eat anything grilled for years ...well, you wouldn't, would you?

I've always said that corns have a spare tank. AND they plan it ...I reckon Missy's been sizing up that quilt for months ...

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2011 :  21:07:47  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Little horror! Naughty Betty!

It's like cats - if a cat wants to be sick, it will ALWAYS choose a carpeted surface, or better still, matting, because then all the runny bits go down the holes ...A fellow Siamese breeder had a girl who, whenever she felt nauseous, would jump up on top of the cooker, which had an eye level grill with those ventilation holes on top ...they hadn't been able to eat anything grilled for years ...well, you wouldn't, would you?

I've always said that corns have a spare tank. AND they plan it ...I reckon Missy's been sizing up that quilt for months ...

there's definitely a spare tank in corns haha!!

and the cat and the grill!!! yuck!! haha! naughty kitties!!!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2011 :  21:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Siamese always like to puke from a height ...again in my breeding days I was visiting another friend, sitting next to one of those ceiling height 'cat gyms' with the inevitable Siamese perched atop ...suddenly there was a loud noise of vomiting and a copious splatter of half digested Whiskas missed me by inches ...

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  12:03:38  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haha just remembered this vid XD

who is silly enough to think a corn will have table manners!!! XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2egWmAHJt4

as much as i love mine... i don't let them do the rounds at dinner time... especially not the poop rounds!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  14:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!

Soft lights, sweet music, gourmet food ...and an incontinent cornsnake ...(when are they ever not?) The woman's an idiot - unless she did it on purpose to get rid of the snooty glam guest ...

Oh and can you imagine the SMELL??? I've decided that it's like bad drains and cat diarrohea with a bouquet of eggy farts.

Talk about the hostess with the mostest?

I think you have my most brilliant vid shared on here of the year award ...rotfl!

Edited by - n/a on 22/12/2011 14:51:57
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  15:27:58  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

OMG!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!

Soft lights, sweet music, gourmet food ...and an incontinent cornsnake ...(when are they ever not?) The woman's an idiot - unless she did it on purpose to get rid of the snooty glam guest ...

Oh and can you imagine the SMELL??? I've decided that it's like bad drains and cat diarrohea with a bouquet of eggy farts.

Talk about the hostess with the mostest?

I think you have my most brilliant vid shared on here of the year award ...rotfl!

eeuurrgh the smell is horrendous! when it comes to spot cleaning you know when they've done one... then you have to find where they've hidden the splooooodge of doom! I actually expected python poo to smell worse, but it really doesn't in my opinion.. corn poo is much worse!!

What a daft woman, she obviously just got the snake out for a reaction (mainly the usual 'uurrrrrr slimey etc etc) and as nice as it is to try and change people's views of snakes, at the dinner table really isn't the time... esp when people are eating/there's food around (hello mr Salmonella!) her snakey certainly taught her a lesson - even me as a snake lover doesn't want to be confronted with a corn snake "making a deposit" when i'm eating!!!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  16:01:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uuurgghhh lol!

Smoked salmonella anyone?

Or salmonella mousse (or shouldn't that be mouse ...well, it WAS ...)

It got me that she said, 'oh dear I didn't think he would, he only goes once a fortnight', or something. I mean, a corn snake??? Faced with a jolly romp round a tablecloth to stimulate the ever active cloaca, and the opportunity to create a disgusting social situation??? It's true that I can now depend on the big girls (08 and 09) to only go once a week, but even so ...

Never trust a corn snake's stinky sphincter ...

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  16:45:58  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Never trust a corn snake's stinky sphincter ...

so very true! i can usually work out when they need to go soonish... when it looks quite 'fat' round base of the tail/by the cloaca... but still they will drop one when you think it's safe anyway!!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2011 :  21:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never can tell ...I wait till after the first dump - a corn roaming round and pleading for armchair walkies before the pile has been produced is obviously a corn planning to do the dirty on you, but if you think they're safe ...I'm always wary when they go very still; that usually means they're planning to explode ...

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2011 :  00:51:59  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I never can tell ...I wait till after the first dump - a corn roaming round and pleading for armchair walkies before the pile has been produced is obviously a corn planning to do the dirty on you, but if you think they're safe ...I'm always wary when they go very still; that usually means they're planning to explode ...

YES! they go all still, and in Betty's case actually pull the cutest adoring face at you, you think 'aww how sweet...' then comes a bottom explosion from said snakey usually on your lap and especially if you're wearing clean clothes!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

carlycorn
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2011 :  09:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good story bats, glad Missy didnt get your quilt...stinky girl ewwwww...

Video was really funny too...I dont think she would have scored high :/

1.0.0 Royal Python, Mister
0.0.1 Cornsnake, Carly/Charly
0.0.1 PacMan, Trig
0.1.0 Feline, Fluffy
1.1.0 Children, Ellen & Oscar
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2011 :  15:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carly - I don't think this was such a good idea though ...

Will she ...???

Spider seemed quite cosy in my welly ...

And I'd just cleaned up a nice mess in her viv, but it was still a relief when she climbed out ...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000