New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  20:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I got my first Royal and like most other people I was smitten so hey presto I'm going to become the next big breeder,(well in my head I am lol) so comes the next royal then another, and suddenly it dawns on me nobody bothered to inform my modest house it needed to grow to accomadate all these viv's, but then I see you can use RUBS instead of viv's (yeah I'm saved).

The only problem is I'm not really a fan of Rubs but I know It's the only way I can fulfill my plans, so need to stop looking at my snakeys firstly as pets but as a means to continue to carry on with my hobby, and Rubs are the best option for this (saving space and still be able to look after them properly)

But after reading various threads regarding Rub Racks I'm a little worried about the ambient room temps being too low, so what is the lowest temp a room can be for a Rub Rack to be effective??? please please help a mere mortal to fulfill his dreams lmao....

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  21:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See this whole racks not hot thing has me thinking. Why oh why dont people build racks within a cupboard type arrangement and put glass/perspex doors on it. The glass wouldn't need to be thick and then you could maintain an ambient. (copywrite rack with doors)

The true answer is if its cold they go to the hot bit, so the answer is a question you can answer, how cold would your house need to be before you put the heating on?

Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  21:42:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point lol so it should be ok since the wife keeps saying I must be a reptile given how warm I like the house,

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000