Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hayes
Yearling

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  22:29:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,
I've had caesar about 3 1/2 weeks now and he took his first 2 mice without fail... however on his third feed (which was last saturday) he refused and seemed scared of the mouse. prior to trying to feed him i was handling him for about 40 mins, could this make him not want to eat as he is in "friendly mode" ?
i then tried again the next day and he took it straight away! I've read on here that people wait until the next week before trying again so am i wrong for feeding him the day after a refusal?
why do people wait until the following week? he seemed hungry so i just thought why not .....

he seems really settled now and loved being handled which i am glad, although on first picking him out of the terrarium he gets scared which i just let him strike until he gets bored and then pick him up.

any advise and answers to my questions will be appreciated.
thanks

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  22:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Royals are notoriously picky/fussy about feeding habits, if you have found he wont eat if handled, then dont handle him before feeding. Its all about what works for you because (TRP Motto) they are all different.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000