Butt Blood!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  00:49:34  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys you may remember when i first got my lil man kairo that i posted about his protruding manhood, Well it seemed that it had returned to normal and i have not seen it protrude since which is good, but tonight when i gave him fresh kitchen roll and put him back in his rub, straight away i noticed blood on the kitchen roll.

I got him back out and checked him over and the only explanation is that its coming from his butt/man bits, it does look a lil pink down there, what should i do?? firstly im taking him back to the rep room because they said they would have a look at him but other than that, should i be worried?

Other info: He ate fine last night but he hasnt had any urates or a poo since i first got him, and hes active enough, infact hes watching me type this from the corner of his rub lol

Sorry iv not posted this in the health section but im after high traffic to get the most advice possible, thanks

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  01:13:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not worried but concerned, lol. See what the reptile shop says, I know that they can retain shed around their man bits, maybe its something simple like that.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  11:26:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, they can bleed from the vent during a shed and this is quite normal (although I realise he isn't shedding.)

I don't think it sounds like a prolapse as in that case he would be unable to retract his hemipenes.

Definitely something that needs checking out though, if only for your own peace of mind. All the very best with him, fingers crossed.

Go to Top of Page

frambo
Yearling

United Kingdom
228 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  18:57:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would just like to add as has been said above that my girl gets a bit of blood at the vent during a shed... hope everything gets sorted out

0.0.3 Koi Carp
Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  21:48:33  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys I took him to the rep room and they gavehim a check over and are happy with him, they are all well experienced so there opinion is valuable to me so I'm gonna keep an eye on him but for now I'm not too worried

Thanks for your advice guys

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  21:51:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah good - just one of those things our critters come up with to alarm us?

Glad it's nothing to worry about!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000