New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  15:07:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just went to one of the two local reptile shops (the one I'm increasingly getting frustrated with) and as a test I bought a pinkie of the smallest proportions. For demonstration in this picture is Duke's rat, Sanke's rat, Spot's mouse and then Hal's pinkie.

My monthly food bill usually comes in at about £20 which although I could get it cheaper if I bought bulk its not too bad. So anyway:

GUESS THE PRICE OF THE PINKIE MOUSE

55p

Last straw unfortunately for this particular shop, I was splitting my business between the 2 in the area but the other shop is hands down better in pretty much every way.

Edited by - Lotabob on 11/03/2012 15:09:15

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  16:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My local shop was charging 50p for pinkies (albeit fresh and good quality as they have a lot of snakes to feed and there's a high turnover in rodents) in autumn 2009. Then I discovered a local pet supermarket was charging 40p but the pinks were so old and badly freezer burned that even the hungriest corn wouldn't touch them. God knows what they're charging now.

That's business for you, I guess.

Go to Top of Page

Se7enS1ns
Yearling

United Kingdom
354 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2012 :  20:12:08  Show Profile  Visit Se7enS1ns's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've just got back from the pet shop myself, and in size order; Large mouse = £1, Jumbo mouse = £1.15, Weiner rat = £1.20, and "Monster" mouse = £1.50.

www.royal-balls.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/dandavisreptiles
Go to Top of Page

jbarlow91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
897 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  07:59:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My shop charges 30p for pinkeys 45p for fuzzies 60p small mouse 75p medium and 85p for large lol

0.1.0 snow corn Ruby 1.0.0 ghost corn-Oreo
1.0.0 bearded dragon- kato
0.1.0 bearded dragon- keita
1.0.0 cali king-Taz
0.1.0 royal-Clio
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal- Moose
0.1.0 hognose jinxx
Go to Top of Page

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  09:49:37  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My brother gets fluffs from pets at home, 4 for £1.50 and they are very good quality. So i would think that pinkies are even cheaper than that mate probably around 20 - 25p

Reptile list.

Normal Royal python "Biggie" ( female )
Normal Royal python ( male )
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000