Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Strawb
Yearling

Germany
120 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2012 :  07:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,
I haven't been on the forum for about a year what with work, family and various other distractions, but my royal Tia is about 1 metre long and weighs just over a kilo.
I am now also the owner of a 6 month old Nicaraguan BCI. It's had its first feed ( one 20g rat pup) but to me still seems a bit on the light side. It is about 60cm long and weighs 150g.
Now Blackecho made a really useful chart regarding royal python weight by age. He also was very helpful by telling us that feeding the royal with a rat that weighs between 10 and 15% of the snakes weight.
My questions are as follows. Does such a chart exist for BCI's? Yes I know they vary greatly depending on geographical location, and you can control their size depending on the feeding regime you apply, but surely a rough guide must be possible for the first two years of the boas life?
Also, does the 10-15% rule apply to boas?
All the best,
Dave

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2012 :  10:30:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Strawb, welcome back - congrats about Tia, she sounds to be doing well, and congrats on the boa. I think your other post about weight got moved to the 'off royal' section. There are quite a lot of boa people on here now - hope you get some info.

Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2012 :  17:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8545

duplicate thread

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic