I am a human hide ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  15:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, owing to the mites, nobody's had much armchair walkies for weeks ...months, and it's been hell. So today, since Ziska is newly shed, I brought her out for armchair walkies.

That was at lunchtime. She came out very quietly, no tail rattling and only a little mild hissing. She's a big lass now and very lively, and it was soon like arguing with 5' of very strong hosepipe, but then she chose to dive inside my sweater and all was well. She went to sleep; I relaxed with a beer and we chilled out.

Presently, though, as the beer made its predictable journey through my system (it's very true that we don't buy beer; we just rent it for a while) I needed to go upstairs. 'Erm ...Ziska ...'

'It's ok mate,' said Ziska, 'I'll just roost up on your shoulders for a while.' And she did.

An hour on and another beer, she gave a slight wriggle ...Ziska!

Her back end was on my shoulder - her front end was heading for the other side of the room! Ziska!

I retrieved her with difficulty and carried her ...wrestled her! over to her viv, where we had a slight argument. She didn't want to go home. She didn't want to keep still for the pics I'd promised myself, as she is really looking great after her shed.

Well I got a few pics, but she was really cross, and needed another cuddle and calm down, and, needless to say, went back into my sweater, for how long ....I need another loo break!

But here are the pics -

Thanks for looking

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  16:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shes looking very nice an shiney.
ivan likes to climb inside my shirt an rest but then ends up fallong off my shoulders.
the un named female has gone blue an was a little hissy when i got her out to check

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  16:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol thanks, Chris, and she's still here with me 4 hours later. I think she's taken up residence ...I'm sitting here dining - breakfasting! - on Pringles as I can't escape to organise anything more substantial ... I feel like one of those mother bats with the baby bat clinging on to it...which snake needs a viv when they've got a human to roost on?

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  20:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh WOW she has really grown, she is cracking. (I was looking at the albino gopher the other day again, I really want her). You can just see the attitude in that last picture, tongue out & pointing down, pulling a gurn, lol.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  20:54:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bob, yes, she's a headache but never a bore ... I think she spent about 5 hours snuggled up on my shoulderblade before she agreed to go back into her viv - and her colours just improve and improve ...I adore her - well, adore them all lol.

I reckon that albino's meant for you - life is not complete without a pit! You gotta gopher it!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000