New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  15:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just interested to know what you lot find the most interesting thing with keeping snakes?

i still find it fascinating watching them eat, no matter how many times i see it it still amazes me how they eat something thats bigger than their head

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2

mr_luke
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  15:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it fascinates me how they move

Go to Top of Page

richard v
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  15:53:30  Show Profile  Click to see richard v's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I just love getting the set up right, trying to create a nice environment
for them.
Go to Top of Page

austin_89
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1248 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  16:01:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eating, yawning, moving, pretty much everything about them I've always been fascinated in snakes though...

1.1.0 Normal Royal Pythons... Kane (CF11) + Frankie (CB11)
1.0.0 Spider Royal Python (CB13)
1.0.0 100% het kahl albino boa Dexter (CB13)
1.0.0 Butter Corn...
0.1.0 Snow Corn... Alice
0.1.0 Red Harlequin Crested Gecko... Charlie
0.1.0 Albino Leopard Gecko... Cleo
1.1.0 African Green Mantis
1.0.0 Staffy... Alfie
1.1.0 Cats... Ebony and DK

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  16:33:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, where do I start? When I first got corns, it was the way they looked, then I realised for the first time what personalities they had. Feeding and shedding were fascinating of course, then I became interested in the different varieties of snakes ...and learning about them and, I think, the sheer beauty, charisma and mystique of an animal so different to humans, and mammalian pets, and so miraculous ...

Plus chilling out with a snake round your neck is soooo relaxing.

I don't think I could ever get tired of snakes.

Edited by - n/a on 09/04/2012 16:34:31
Go to Top of Page

ShadEO9
Yearling

United Kingdom
126 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  17:51:10  Show Profile  Visit ShadEO9's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is agood post. Eem where do we begin!
I first started many years ago with my first snake being a Corn snake named Shorty.
She was a beauty. To me perfect. To everyone else. Very scary lol.
I decided to just go outright and buy her without permission off my mum as I was younger then and still lived at my parents.
I've never really had anyone who shared my enthusiasm with regards to snakes. As most of my family and friends were pretty freaked out by them.
Now many years later I am countin down the days to me gettin my first Royal.
Next week infqct for my 28th birthday pressie.
So as im sure u can all imagine im super excited for that

Go to Top of Page

Scottydog
Yearling

United Kingdom
126 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  22:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of the above really.

And I find the sheer power of my Boa fascinating too, She's still only a baby really and already it can be a real fight to get her back in her viv if she doesn't want to go back in. I love it when she wraps tightly round my arm and displays her strength.

1.0.0 Royal Python - Jake
0.1.0 Boa Constrictor (BCI) - Madonna
0.0.1 Snow Corn - Ice
1.0.0 Anery Corn - Ash
0.1.0 Normal Corn - Fire
1.0.0 Spider Royal - Diablo
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  23:58:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really love watching them feed but to be honest I just spend ages and ages watching them do not a lot. Their anatomy is incredible and as above their strength is just amazing, even my corn snake is now kicking my ass when I take him out for armchair walkies. They do have personalities too and they keep me amused, then there is the setups I love setting them up, maintaining them, buying nice things for it.

Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  00:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i do enjoy watching how they move in a straight line when you cant see any muscles moving an yes they all have different personalities which my non snake friends dont understand.
i can spend hours setting up an changing their vivs around an making them look nice.
watching derek eat amazes me as his rats are at least 3x the thickness of his head

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

Strawb
Yearling

Germany
120 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  20:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of the above plus their elegance. They move in a way so alien to us and it's utterly hypnotic. My kingsnake tends to shatter the dream because he tends to behave like an arboreal species, but is pretty crap at climbing. Even my wife, who doesn't like snakes, laughs at him when he falls of of something for the I don't know how manyeth time.
With the boas I'd also have to mention their eyes. I have one imperator and its eyes are just stunning. Vipers also have stunning eyes, but I think tree frogs win the prize in that category.
Also snakes were around with the dinosaurs and anything that's been around that long deserves our admiration.
Go to Top of Page

jhk2005
Yearling

United Kingdom
166 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  18:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for me it's their entire being, from their colours, patterns and general appearance to their personalities and behaviour. I've always found it fascinating that with most snakes (not all) you can never really tell what they're thnking or going to do next.

As somebody once said "just when you think you've got all the answers, I change the questions". That just sums up their unpredictability for me but the reason I love snakes above all others ; every day of keeping them, I learn something new :)

1.6.0 Normal Royals - Will, Grace, Lolly, Patty, Maddie, Mystique, Victoria
1.1.0 Pastel Royals - Becks, Sophie
0.1.0 Spider Royal - Charlotte
0.1.0 Mojave Royal - Mo
1.1.0 Yellowbelly Royals - Pinky, Perky
1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal - Pip
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal - Buzz
1.0.0 Vanilla Royal - Vinnie
1.0.0 Lesser Royal - Leo
1.0.0 Cinnamon Royal - Sam
1.0.0 Burmese Python - Kane
0.1.0 Albino Burmese Python - Amber
1.0.0 Redfoot Tortoise - Chucky
Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2012 :  22:14:42  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They are just lovable beasts, it's weird because when I first got George I was scared of him but now he relaxes me to the point of hypnotism.
And they do have such amazing personalities which I guess can only be noticed if yoy have your own pet snakes,

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page