Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  20:05:37  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Today my little brother was out side playing and he seen some guy kicking something then pick somthing up and threw it in the water. My little brother ran over to what he was doing and he seen a snake floating in the water not moving. The man ran away and my brother jumped into the water a pulled the snake out. Its an albino corn snake. He got home quickly set up a rub and put the corn snake in it and left it alone. He checked it about an hour later to see if its still alive and it is. What is the next thing i should do? I have took photos and will add them here for you to see. I think the corn snake back is broken and also their look like burns under the belly. Please help thanks

Reptile list.

Normal Royal python "Biggie" ( female )
Normal Royal python ( male )

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  20:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh jesus poor thing. You'll need to get it to a vet to be checked over and if its back is broken it may have to be put to sleep. I would also report this to the police as an act of severe animal cruelty.

Is it using its tail?

Edited by - Lotabob on 09/04/2012 20:11:35
Go to Top of Page

mr_luke
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  20:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that snake needs vet, it looks quite badly injured to me! Also, find that man, bring him to me i'll kick him and throw him in a river

Go to Top of Page

Scottydog
Yearling

United Kingdom
126 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  20:14:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theres so many people out there who would of happily took on the snake if the owner didn't want it any more, why do this? I just cant work some people out sometimes.

Good luck with the snake, hope your wrong about its back and it makes a recovery, although it does look and sound doubtful. Keep us updated

1.0.0 Royal Python - Jake
0.1.0 Boa Constrictor (BCI) - Madonna
0.0.1 Snow Corn - Ice
1.0.0 Anery Corn - Ash
0.1.0 Normal Corn - Fire
1.0.0 Spider Royal - Diablo

Edited by - Scottydog on 09/04/2012 20:16:04
Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  20:17:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sick ****'s. as said it need the vets asap, if its back is broken it will be in a lot of pain poor little thing.
as lotabob said i would report it to the old bill

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  20:26:53  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys thanks for your speedy replys, Im going to phone the vets tomorrow morning and get it checked over, Yeah its using it tail and is still moving but is very slow. I have just left him alone in a dark room in a rub is this okay? And yes im going to report this to the police, thanks again

Reptile list.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  20:29:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possibly not his back then if its still moving its tail. If its been kicked its ribs are probably damaged and possible internal damage to the organs. I would be tempted to call a vet now if you can and explain its not your animal, explain whats happened and see if they will look at it. I know if I was a vet I wouldn't be able to say no.

Go to Top of Page

chrisc

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  20:30:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if shes moving her tail that could be a sign that the back might not be broken, fingers crossed.
yes keep her warm, dark an with water.
let us know how she gets on

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

incubate 2 campaign
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  20:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My god that's vile! Yes, police, could try RSPCA too but I'm not a big fan. However, the rspca does have a help line and it is possible that they may, if you're lucky, get an inspector out to see the snake and even arrange for emergency veterinary care. Don't want to raise your hopes too much, but worth trying.

sorry amendment - wrong link although phone no is same

http://www.rspca.org.uk/inyourarea

Good luck and keep us posted, fingers crossed for that poor snake.

Edited by - n/a on 09/04/2012 20:51:00
Go to Top of Page

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  20:57:52  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just phone the rspca and they are going to come out and collect the snake, I think this is probably the best option for me and the snake as i dont get paid till next week and i think the corn needs help now

Reptile list.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  21:27:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great that they'll help - really good. Hope that they can give you good news about it - all the very best!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  21:28:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say that is the best option. As sad and awful as it is, its not your animal and it would be unfair to expect you to foot the bill putting it right. Your brother deserves a TRP Rescuer of the month award though jumping into the water for it.

Go to Top of Page

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  22:53:24  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats the snake away now, the guy said that they would x ray it so see what the damage is and hopefully it's not to bad. The rspca said that they are going to put an appeal out for information on this horrible crime. I have to phone on Wednesday to see if hes okay, Ill keep you all informed. Thanks so much for all the help guys i really appreciate it

Reptile list.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2012 :  23:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's so good that they are helping and that you can get an update. Congrats to you and your brother for coming to the rescue and I hope that the outcome is good.

And that they catch the *censored* who hurt the snake ...

I look forward to some better news. I can't get that little snake's face out of my mind.

Go to Top of Page

jebus
Yearling

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  01:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just reading this made me enrage, hope the lil guys ok :(

Go to Top of Page

Keg
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  16:37:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:(
Thats F%^&*ng horrible.
Good on you and your bro though.
Some sick people out there

1.0.0 Zak - Doberman
1.0.0 Cecil - Royal Python
1.0.0 Cyril - Hognose
Go to Top of Page

chrisc

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  16:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
any news on the little one?

incubate 2 campaign
Go to Top of Page

Waley333
Yearling

United Kingdom
105 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  17:45:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some people don't deserve thee right to own animals. Have you heard anything today?

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal Python - Osiris
Go to Top of Page

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  17:10:16  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The scottish spca just phoned me the now saying that they took the corn to the vet straight away, he got x-rayed and they showed up that their was a couple of fractures on his back but nothing life threatening. Also because their was no broken ribs that there would be internal problems :D. So he has another appointment at the vets next week and hopefully he gets the all clear and gets put up for adoption. Really good news :D

Reptile list.

Go to Top of Page

chrisc

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  17:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
really glad to hear that. hopefully she gets the all clear
are you thinking of adopting her?

incubate 2 campaign
Go to Top of Page

ajokocha
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
816 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  17:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent news :). Very well done to you and your little brother!

1.0.0 normal royal -Floyd
1.0.0 mojave royal - Smee
1.0.0 common boa - Brady
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000