New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  20:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys not posted for a few weeks so hope all are well , from some of the post recently I noticed that a few of us have bought and sold things from one another. Since this has happened I think it's fair to say that those people trust each other, and with that statement I am thinking of trying to organise an import from USA but after speaking to a few breeders they tend not to export orders that are under $5,000, so was wondering if anyone else may be interested in placing an order, I know that most of you have not purchased anything from me but Hayes and Kelfezond have and hopefully they will both agree that I can be trusted , the order won't be untill later on in the year to give people time to save (mainly me lol) so if you are interested let me know and we can talk about who we would prefer to import from and what we would like to import.....

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"

Fezza
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1063 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  12:21:49  Show Profile  Visit Fezza's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a great idea, I'll keep my eye on this thread.

Who would you be thinking of going to?

1.0.0 normal royal
1.0.0 mojave royal
1.0.0 pastel enchi royal
0.1.0 cinnamon royal
0.1.0 pewter royal
0.1.0 genetic stripe royal
0.1.0 lesser goblin royal
0.1.0 phantom royal
0.1.0 Columbian rainbow boa
0.0.1 aru x jaya GTP
0.1.0 bredli
1.0.0 trans pecos rat snake
1.0.0 fat black cat
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  13:21:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure Fezza there are a few good ones to choose from thats why I thought the group of us that were interested in doing this could vote on breeders and the one with the most wins lol, although it looks like it might just be me and you ha ha ha....

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Fezza
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1063 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  15:38:09  Show Profile  Visit Fezza's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haha

Well I hope you need a sh1t load of animals cuz I'm only after 4 in total, I've got one lined up atm and the ones I'm after are only single gene morphs!

You'd better get saving

1.0.0 normal royal
1.0.0 mojave royal
1.0.0 pastel enchi royal
0.1.0 cinnamon royal
0.1.0 pewter royal
0.1.0 phantom royal
0.0.1 aru x jaya GTP
0.1.0 bredli
1.0.0 fat black cat
Go to Top of Page

delterflier
Yearling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  20:47:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im looking for a het pied fem, a spider and a pastel( 1 m 1 f)

wud be very interested in hereing some prices.

the het pied needs to be 2.5 years or older ;)

john
Go to Top of Page

Fezza
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1063 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2012 :  15:04:35  Show Profile  Visit Fezza's Homepage  Reply with Quote
$5000 is only £3100 there, or there abouts which isn't too bad when you think about it. I'm wanting 1xm mojave
1xm fire
1xf Cinnamon

There's probably close to £1k there.

As far as breeders go I can't say I know/prefer any personally except for BHB, thanks to YouTube

1.0.0 normal royal
1.0.0 mojave royal
1.0.0 pastel enchi royal
0.1.0 cinnamon royal
0.1.0 pewter royal
0.1.0 phantom royal
0.0.1 aru x jaya GTP
0.1.0 bredli
1.0.0 fat black cat
Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2012 :  20:04:50  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would be interested but it wouldn't make a dint on your 5000 target lol

out of interest where are you and how will they be delivered to us?

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Go to Top of Page

Stewy-C-
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2012 :  21:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be interested in seeing the stock of the chosen breeder. I don't know anything about the breeders abroad, so I wouldn't have input on that.

I'm interested in a couple of different ones if the quality is right.

1.0 Spider Royal
0.1 Pastel Royal
0.1 Snow Corn
"The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about"
"On the internet you can be anything you want, its strange that so many people choose to be stupid"
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2012 :  21:11:03  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll just. Through some breeders out there

TSK (the snake keeper)
RDR (Ralph Davis reptiles)
Perastoric pets USA.
Mike wilbanks
BHB

With the $5000 budget
You will need to add about £1000 as well for cities ,shipping and (other stuff)
The breeder should do that for you

There are importers here in the uk that I know deal with the above
So the usa breeders may say they have a uk distributor
And speek to them

I wish you all good luck and will be wanting pictures in the photo section ;)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 23/04/2012 21:22:51
Go to Top of Page

Jody McGrath
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2012 :  22:14:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a recent BHB import over on the dark side that didn't end well, animals were DOA or ill. Not BHB or the importers fault, but it's how these things are dealt with. For that reason alone I would think very very hard before you commit to doing this.

Ultimately you will get all the flack when imports don't arrive quickly, things can and do take a monumental amount of time to get sorted, you will take all the flack if things go wrong. If you've got the patience and more importantly the ability to deal with the massive amount of pressure that will be put on you then I say go for it.

Don't want to teach you to suck eggs, but you need to do your homework before you commit to anything. Make sure the breeder has Master CITES for one! Don't forget about transport costs and VAT when they arrive in the UK.

As d3lboys-morphs has pointed out, there are some breeders who already have UK distributors here so maybe have a look elsewhere. I had some gorgeous snakes from Chun Ku at Dynasty Reptiles, and he dealt with a problem for me that the importer did not have the balls to deal with! You may want to put a lower limit on, there is no sense in someone saving a small amount of money for one pastel for example. The higher end stuff is considerably cheaper and whilst it annoys some UK breeders the simple fact is that if they were closer to US pricing there would be no need to import unless it was an animal that could not be obtained in this country.

Out of that list above I would say Mike Wilbanks is your best bet, other than that, look for someone smaller like Dynasty Reptiles.
Go to Top of Page

Fezza
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1063 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2012 :  06:52:30  Show Profile  Visit Fezza's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With the option of going through an official uk based distributor for most of the major US breeder. It may be worth while taking the same idea, same list of wanted animal and the same money to a uk based importer.

If any problems arise, there is a singular point of contact, here in th UK and assuming the list is big enough, there may be scope for some discount? Like a "group buy".

1.0.0 normal royal
1.0.0 mojave royal
1.0.0 pastel enchi royal
0.1.0 cinnamon royal
0.1.0 pewter royal
0.1.0 phantom royal
0.0.1 aru x jaya GTP
0.1.0 bredli
1.0.0 fat black cat
Go to Top of Page

Se7enS1ns
Yearling

United Kingdom
354 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2012 :  11:01:51  Show Profile  Visit Se7enS1ns's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I might jump on the bandwaggon if you're looking at going through a UK distributor - purely due to the simplicity factor of pricing: No exchange rates, import costs or import taxes, the price quoted should be all-inclusive. Plus if anything goes Pete Tong, there is a point of contact available.

I'll pass on a US-based purchase though.

www.royal-balls.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/dandavisreptiles
Go to Top of Page

Jody McGrath
Hatchling

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2012 :  18:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem with a UK distributor is you really are not getting the best deal, they will always add extra to each price, you would be amazed at how much some do. There has to be something in it for them or they would not do it.

I can understand that people may want it to be as simple as possible, but, provided you choose the correct breeder there really is not a great deal that you need to do at this end, they should sort out all the paperwork, the CITES etc, tell you how much this costs and import cost etc. If all the right homework is done it can be a relatively simple thing to do.

Price of snake - convert from dollars to pounds and add 20% for VAT - very simple to do
Price of CITES - $279 no matter how many animals
Freight cost - $300 (up to 30 kilos)
Broker Fee - $200
Health Certfificate - $135
USDA Stamp - $40

So, total cost for shipment is $954 - divide this amount equally between all people (approx £602) - If you had 6 people interested then that's £100 each for shipping.

Example snakes (includes VAT) - 590g Male Pastel Butter - £416.50 (Dynasty Reptiles)
325g Female Albino Pin - £1211.60 (Dynasty Reptiles)
500g Male Emperor Pin - £1325 (Dynasty Reptiles)
Grown On Male Desert - £1363 (BHB)

Some places have more higher end stuff and you save more on this and the lower end stuff there is not much difference in price, so it's really not worth it. But as said before, you should get a discount for buying in bulk. You really do have to buy a few each to make it worth your while, there's not as much to be saved as there once was.

It can work and it can go wrong, there is nothing to guarantee that going through a UK distributor will mean it's hassle free. The only thing it means is that you are not in control whatsoever. I would strongly suggest going it alone. Anyone who would prefer UK distributors has that option open to them right now, there's enough of them about trying to make a quick buck.

I have seen the Ralph Davies pricing from their UK distributors, and whilst they are undoubtedly fine specimens, the price is not the best out there, just for someone else to take the hassle.

Just my point of view, but it can be done, if the right people are the driving force......
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2012 :  17:10:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jody you more than made any point I would of lol and that is why I am looking into doing this I am not interested in making a profit on any snakes brought in so the price you see would be the price you would pay, I have only suggested this as the minimum order price as I mentioned is $5000 which is way to much for poor little old me on my own, but if enough of us wish to do this, and it is organised properly, we could arrange for one courier to collect all the snakes and starting down south deliver them, working their way up north.

I too have heard some things about BHB imports which I'm not happy about but it's safe to say that no matter who we chose it could all go wrong and some or all of the snakes might be DOA but plenty of snake get imported every year and they are alive. Anyway those who are interested need to speak up and once a breeder has been picked and we've decided what snakes we are after we can take it from there, but please understand I will not be doing this if after we have all picked the snakes we want, we do not reach the minimum order cost......

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000