Snakey strip show!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2012 :  23:32:30  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For the first time ever, Betty my corn shed in front of me... i've never seen her do it ever... typical when my phone is downstairs and not to hand to video it!

She's been blue for ages but was doing some knocking about in her rub so i let her out for a walk... she stretched her non-existent legs and then slithered back in with a sniff and started to nose rub.... then right before our eyes she quickly slithered out of her old rags... and promptly pooped in them on the way out... lucky seeing as an un-contained poop would have splattered all over my lovely fluffy beanbag!

As soon as she was done she got very excited and zoomed around proudly showing off her new self! then climbed on to her favourite shelf on the book case and climbed all over the things and knocking them everywhere... her favourite hobby!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  00:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  01:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice, its very cool to watch them shed

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  13:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww bless her. Amazing when they let you see them shed - great story.

A while back I was feeding Saffy in a separate rub; I knew she was due to shed but it doesn't usually put her off her grub. When I looked again, she'd ignored the mouse and started to shed. I put my hand in and held her gently so that she could shed against it; she seemed to appreciate the help and soon got her kit off.

Go to Top of Page

HaydenK
Yearling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2012 :  23:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't wait for ratchet to have his first shed since I got him. I don't know whether to collect them or not.

3.0.0 Normals
1.0.0 Pastel
0.2.0 Normals
0.1.0 Amel Corn

1.2.0 Bearded Dragons (CHRISTMAS PRESENT)
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2012 :  11:46:32  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Waw, i've never experienced watching Blitz doing the shed process, but i think it is an amazing thing to watch

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2012 :  22:17:08  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hehe, it was a great show!

She had snuzzled off the top part of her head, but the chin part hadn't come off yet, she looked look like she had a little hood on! Then as soon as the chin was loose she just peeled out! Nature is brilliant!

Tonight... well, the little madam is on one! Its feeding night and she hasn't refused a meal since she began eating properly at age 7 months.... does she want her dinner, NO

She's got the serious wrigglies! She's full of beans, following the scents on the floor, trying to climb up the TV, trying to climb in the printer!

I need to put a treadmill into her new viv!

Corn snakes are so funny!!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000