New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

daz2708
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  23:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone not posted for a awhile well cleo is doin really well eatin puttin weight on and sheddin often! she's nov hatch and weighin about 270grammes she's on juvi rats now which she seems to love mayb to much!lol! my only consern which i've mentioned before is should i drop temp at night i keep her warm side at around 90! cool side around 80! i just use infared bulb on a dimmer! plus she likes her branch that she has if she's on there she isnt comin out and strikes at me! as soon as she's on there she's lookin for more food i'm not bothered about the strikin for me as it doesnt hurt though would be happier if she didnt! once out of her viv she's fine but a friend said she'd b less wantin food and less strikin for me if i dropped temp at night! just not sure what to do any advice much appreciated!! thanks:-)

0.1.0 normal royal (Cleo)
1.0.0 het lavenda royal (hector)
Staffie (Boo)
And 67 Tarantula's :)

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  05:56:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no need to drop the temps at all as the natural nightime drop in temps will lower the cool end slightly anyway.
how often are you feeding her? up to 400g should feed every 5 days.
shes probly happy an comfy up on her branch i would just leave her if shes up there so as not to stress her trying to get her out, how long have you had her now?

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  13:51:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, seconded, no need to lower temps at night, and sounds like she'd enjoy feeding on her branch - one of mine used to do that - but watch out for any silk foliage and make sure she doesn't take that down with the rat, happened to me once.

She sounds to be doing really well and a right little madam, bless her!

Go to Top of Page

daz2708
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  20:07:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys sorry been busy today!! yeah i've had since january and she's feedin well seems happy just bit defensive on her branch mayb i'm just reading to much into it!! when in cool hide or warm hide she's fine!!adrobs with sheddin but she's finally using her sweat box now and last shed was perfect!! her feedin on her branch defo makes it easier!! was more over the temp my friend who has kept diff snakes for a number of yrs just said i should drop temp at night we got royals at same time hers is a male wont go onto rats where cleo my royal had no probs i feed her every 6/7 like to keep her guessin abit but she is on juvi rats which are more than big enough for her size but smaller we're gone in a flash!!lol i write every feed down just had her out now and she was fine guess if she's on her branch just leave her?? do think mayb should feed her more often then she has been puttin weight on no probs and has grown alot!! thanks!!;-)

0.1.0 normal royal (Cleo)
1.0.0 het lavenda royal (hector)
Staffie (Boo)
And 67 Tarantula's :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000