Input please :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ppl_clectr
Yearling

Canada
226 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  01:26:01  Show Profile  Visit ppl_clectr's Homepage  Click to see ppl_clectr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am considering a little Corn. I know many of you have Corns as well. This little guy is anerythristic and cute as a button. Thoughts?

SherriR

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  02:20:04  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't have corns and I don't like how they look but if you like them then why not,I have heard that they poo a lot lol but they are really easy to care for.

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Go to Top of Page

matthewsaint
Yearling

United Kingdom
170 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  06:20:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, i'd stick to royals, best looking captive snake imo. And easy enough to keep, with the right set-up. But, like bigdon23 said, if you like them, why not :)!

1.0 normal
0.1 pastel
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Yearling

United Kingdom
455 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  10:01:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iv got a couple of corns aswell. their all right and easy to care for, not as bulky as royals so if your into 'slimline' snakes their probably right up your ally. dont think il get any more tho purely cuz im planning to breed my royals and il run out of space!

1.1.0 corns (amel + carolina)
2.3.0 normal, fire, pastel and 2 bumblebee royals
1.0.0 jungle carpet python
Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  10:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
corns are good little ish snakes i got rid of my girl phoenix to make room for some royals which i regret as after she had gone i realised that a lot of people start with a corn a get rid of them when they want something else.
but she is in a good home with my friend in his rescue center and goes along to his kids shows as shes extremly calm an very good to handle

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  10:20:58  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
corns are awesome!

Very different to royals - they're usually more active and 'wiggly' (especially when young) although they'll slow down a bit when grown up, but even then compared to a royal they're much more active! They wont just sit there, all chilled out like a royal... they're always on the move!

I love my corns, they keep me on my toes... and yes never trust the rear end - they poo frequently and think you'll appreciate a turd on your lap!

they're really easy to look after, there's a reason why they are often suggested as a 'starter' snake. The colours/morphs are amazing too, from the gorgeous 'normals' to every other crazy variation! Anery's are lovely but then i'm biased!

I'd say go for it, if you like him/her and have the room etc then why not :D

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  13:10:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't be without my corns - the colours are great, they have a lot of personality and a 5'+ corn is an impressive snake. They don't make a mess as frequently when they're older, but yes, they do need watching when you have them out.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000