New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

konrad1982
Yearling

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  22:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys. I was always saying that I'm going to have just one royal however I have changed my mind. I bought another two and I'm still considering getting even more for future breeding project. I know that vivs look better but for so many snake rack system seems to be a lot more practical. I'm nearly sure I want to build my first rack but I'm really concerned about heating it. Temperature in my room (especially in winter time) is quite low and I'm not sure if heat mat or heating cables will be able to give enough heat to keep temp above 30c. Maybe ten on the bottom of the tube would be ok but I think ambient temp may be to low. Could someone more experienced give me some advice as I don't want to build rack and then sell it and start building vivs. Thanks a lot.

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  23:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I prefer vivarium stacks, custom ones can look great and not take up a vast deal more than a rack. I also prefer providing these with an ambient more suiting to them. BUT racks provided them with the heat they need and they do just fine in them, I just fail to see the point of putting animals in draws, I love the possibility of seeing Duke peeking out of his viv or watch my corn snake whizzing round all night or the Boa standing up to look out of the window, I'd miss that.

This is my stack, its 2 foot deep and 6 foot wide but look amazing in my living room its a feature not a storage unit for snakes.

I built that for a few hundred quid and a few pints of blood.

Go to Top of Page

konrad1982
Yearling

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  23:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for answer Lotabob. Your viv looks absolutely great. I thought to get something like that so I could see my snakes but I already have 3 Royals and if I get some more that may take a lot of space. I'm completely confused now. Two of my snakes are still small but I need to start thinking about new house for them so I could build it without rush.
Go to Top of Page

ajokocha
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
816 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2012 :  23:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol it NEVER stays at one snake! And that's one hell of a stack bob. Will have to call you when I have a few more lol!

1.0.0 normal royal -Floyd
1.0.0 mojave royal - Smee
1.0.0 common boa - Brady
Go to Top of Page

Waley333
Yearling

United Kingdom
105 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  00:05:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Ajokocha, that is one hell of a stack Lotabob. Excellent work... (:

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal Python - Osiris
Go to Top of Page

Lincsfox
Yearling

121 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2012 :  00:09:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, I need to talk you, I want one!!

1.0.0 Pastel Royal - Monty
0.1.0 Amel Corn - Connie (Still MIA)
0.1.0 Carolina Corn - Summer
0.1.0 Snow Corn - Ella
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko - awaiting name