Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  09:56:59  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So I wake up today for an early 8am start, had a few drinks the night before and a late night so didn't sleep well (especially with this damn heat) overslept the alarm, haf half hour to get ready so ran into the bathroom for a shower and .... SPIDER ON THE SHOWERHEAD! had a grueling 15 minute battle with him, him with his venomous teethy bites and me armed with little more than a toilet brush and the occasionall loo-roll cannonball, we fought for what seemed like an eternity until finally I vanquished my foe sending him to a watery grave!
Was bloody late for work too! Doesn't look good when your security turns up late and says "Sorry, there was a spider in my bathroom" :(

Twice this has happened now, missed a dentist appointment once because a spider got on my shower curtain and I got stuck in the shower for about 30 minutes longer than intended, anyone else ever been trapped by a fear?

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

Edited by - Kelfezond on 27/05/2012 10:00:33

blackskull
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  10:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep by a spider, was up early one morning nothing on so stuck a film on. noticed something move out of the corner of my eye and it was a huge spider. it moved to the middle of the living room where it sat looking at me. i was legs up on the couch for 40mins b4 i could summon the courage the fight it off with my work boots (it was that big)

i have also been trapped in the timber store at work by a big spider that ran out by the door after i walk in to get timber, much to the amusement of my work mates.

they have a habit of putting spiders on my bench under boxes and when i lift box spider comes running at me

1.1 normal royal, sully, silver
0.1 pinstripe royal, penny
1.1 pastel royal, lars, clover
0.1 lesser royal, serenity
0.1 black pastel royal, betty
0.1 mojave royal, mavis
0.1 normal het clown
1.0 pastel het clown
1.0 nuclear, ned
1.0 super phantom
1.0 childrens python, myles
0.1 hog island boa
0.1 sonoran x boa, grace
0.0.1 mack snow leopard gecko, munchkin
4.1 cats, stan, dave, marble, binx, daisy
4.1 rabbits, mol, ted, bill, spud, alice
0.1 crazy cat/bunny lady of bridgwater, lucy
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  10:16:56  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blackskull

yep by a spider, was up early one morning nothing on so stuck a film on. noticed something move out of the corner of my eye and it was a huge spider. it moved to the middle of the living room where it sat looking at me. i was legs up on the couch for 40mins b4 i could summon the courage the fight it off with my work boots (it was that big)

i have also been trapped in the timber store at work by a big spider that ran out by the door after i walk in to get timber, much to the amusement of my work mates.

they have a habit of putting spiders on my bench under boxes and when i lift box spider comes running at me

Oh no that's awful! >.< I could never work somewhere spiders werre frequent I'd have heart failure every time one ran out lol. 40 minutes sounds like our record so far!

Go to Top of Page

blackskull
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  10:21:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they laugh at me because if the timber has been in the store for a while i have to check every piece to make sure there is none on it. the last thing i want is a spider running up my arm while carrying a heavy piece of timber

0.1 mojave royal, mavis
0.1 normal het clown
1.0 pastel het clown
1.0 nuclear, ned
1.0 super phantom
0.1 hog island boa
0.1 sonoran x boa, grace
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  10:22:37  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know how you feel! Whenever I have to get anything out the shed I'll always have to check each item before I move it or pick it up :P

Go to Top of Page

JanieW
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  10:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah..I don't like flappy things, hoppy things either but it seems this house is plagued with House Martins.

I had left the shed door ajar and it looks like a pair have chosen to nest in there. Trouble is the freezer is in there too, so Bert my staffie starts yipping, and pawing for his breakfast so I had to go get his frozen chicken throats.

So crouched like an old woman, boowl in hand I braved it lol of course a bird just had to swoop out through the shed door as I approached, making me squeal. So next I banged on the shed door, waited then rushed and grapped his grubm slammed the door shut and hurried back inside the house.

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Bert (Staffy) , named after Tolkien's stone Troll
Popeye, African Grey
Gimli (Son Of Gloin), Baby Beardie
Slinky, Baby Royal Python
Fëanor..Baby Mexican Common Boa
Casper 2011 Male Ghost Corn Snake **RIP**
Hoard of Orcs (Dubia Roach Colony)
Pearl & Ivory--African Giant Albino Land Snails
Ra, Taiwanese Beauty Snake
Henry, Western Hognose *Missing*
Pippin, Coastal X Diamond Carpet Python
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose
Flake, Calico male royal, Eowyn, Arabesque Boa
Go to Top of Page

blackskull
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  10:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

I know how you feel! Whenever I have to get anything out the shed I'll always have to check each item before I move it or pick it up :P

i always get lucy to get anything out of the shed and check for spiders first lol

0.1 mojave royal, mavis
0.1 normal het clown
1.0 pastel het clown
1.0 nuclear, ned
1.0 super phantom
0.1 hog island boa
0.1 sonoran x boa, grace
Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  12:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moths. They absolutely petrify me. And generally most bug things that fly - may bugs. Wasps (I'm allergic) bees, butterflies. The scatty erraticness of their flight, and unpredictability are horrendous. The summer is a hard time for me! Lol especially when it comes to being in a boiling hot room because I can't open the window for fear of a moth getting in (even though the always... ALWAYS find a way to get in :@ there have been many a sleepless night because I hear the horrid flutter of their wings, wether its in my head or not I'll never know! The best way I've found to combat them is to squirt them with bleach and then Hoover them up once they've finished drowning.

I did have one occasion a few years ago where I got up in the night to get a drink due to cooking myself in my room, and came back to find 2 of the most humongous blighters waiting to suck my brains out (or something to that effect) and was brave enough to quickly turn my light off and go and find a torch, then sneakily push it into the middle of my room on the floor and leave it switched on for them to go down to (it took a pain staking amount of time) and then beat them to a pulp with a wooden spoon, bought back from my tourch hunting travels. I also gave them a quick Blast with the bathroom bleach just to be sure they wouldnt rise again. Needless to say the sound of me banging my laminate floor with a wooden spoon at god knows what time at night didn't go down to well, but I had a satisfactory sleep that night knowing there were 2 less daemon winged monsters in the world :)
Go to Top of Page

JanieW

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  12:40:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol Jayde, I am exactly the same..petrified of moths..they always dive bomb at me!

Years ago I was at the sink bleaching my hair, window open..a moth flew in, I screamed and threw my hands up. My black german shepherd behind me, peroxide in hand..lets just say I then had a dalmation.

I have had a hotel manager hunting down a moth in my room at 2am, and 7 nurses chasing a daddy long legs in hospital.

If I know there is a winged thing in the house i'll lock myself in the bathroom for hours lol
Its good to know i'm not the only one LOL

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Popeye, African Grey
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  12:52:06  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm not too bad with moths but I have been known to scream and run inside when a wasp appears :O

Go to Top of Page

JanieW

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  12:57:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*grins* I can tolerate wasps, just keep a distance but moths not a chance.

At the moment I won't go outside, can't let the dog out either as cos I slammed the shed door shut..house martins keep swooping across the yard looking to get in the shed.
So i'm being held captive by BIRDS

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Popeye, African Grey
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  15:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Errrm?

You guys?

I know I'm lucky, only being phobic around humans, but all the care we lavish on our snakes and now there's all this talk about bleaching moths, drowning and squashing spiders and shutting birds away from their nest?

Try opening the shed door Janie and they won't be so frantic - or have you a neighbour who'd do that for you?

Go to Top of Page

JanieW

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  15:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trouble is Bats, last year we had our garage broken into, the year before that our Chevy and alot of expensive gear is stored in the shed. Also the shed door is directly in line of sight to the lane where we had the previous breaks so it'd be advertising the fact of an easy burglery.

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Popeye, African Grey
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  15:15:18  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lmao I did find the bleaching of the moths a little extreme xD rolled up newspaper not cut it? O.o

Go to Top of Page

JanieW

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  15:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol I didn't bleach the moths, it was my dog that got splattered..he was fine cept his black hair had blonde spots hehe
*grins* I reread my post and I never said I bleached the moth, tho I probably would have done if it meant I wouldn't be bombed by the sods! lol

Any moth that enters this house uninvited it liable to my wrath! :P

Like last year there was a huge, hairy moth on the iron candleabra (SP) so I couldn't swipe it with a towel, I stabbed it with a golf umbrella, woke Kit up at 2am to pick it up for me, it moved, she screamed so I gave her a shoe to flatten it.
I have the eebies even thinking about em.

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Popeye, African Grey
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  15:27:17  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol nah Jayde is the moth poisoner it seems xD
I am generally the same with Spiders if they're stopping me from doing something (like getting to work on time!) then they're going to get the quick treatment of removal (Death) but if they're scampering across the floor I'll normally put a glass on them and then beg somebody to remove it for me (too scared to do that whole paper on the bottom thing :P )

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  15:27:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kelf you are the author of this thread, do us all a favour and rename it 'damn wimps'.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  15:29:37  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haha we can't all be as fearless as you :(

Go to Top of Page

JanieW

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  15:31:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not a wimp grr lol just self preservation as everybody knows that just one bite from a moth causes as agonising death.
Spiders bite too, one bit Katana last year

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Popeye, African Grey
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose

Edited by - JanieW on 27/05/2012 15:32:42
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  15:38:00  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What BAT's said has got me thinking now actually, I'd happily kill every wasp in my garden without a second thought but if somebody said the same about snakes I'd think they're evil uneducated fools who are scared for no reason, probably with a fear brought on by movies and media. Rather hipocritical :O guess I have to double-take the next time I hear somebody saying how much they hate snakes!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2012 :  16:33:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well imo the critters come first - I thought I might have a similar dilemma in my garden this spring - 2 blackbirds seemed very interested in the creepers over the shed and imo the only thing to do if they started building a nest would have been to cold-bloodedly destroy it (in view of 4 interested cats, who are confined to house and garden) before the eggs arrived. If the martins haven't laid yet, Janie, then I'd keep your shed door closed and force them to build elsewhere.

DO sympathise with phobias though.

ps a house spider bite is only a nip - a corn snake could do better lol.

Edited by - n/a on 27/05/2012 16:39:47
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000