its been a little while
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  18:51:52  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all I have not been on in a while life has been hectic phone broke laptop broke,I've been working silly hours to pay for trips away and so on.

With everything I've had going on I have not updated on how my three have been doing,

Normal: sassy is putting weight on very nicely, unfortunatly I
have lost my feeding and shedding record forall three and have a felling it has been thrown away.she has only missed 2 feeds recently due to shedding and seems to love her rats now

Albino: Albert still having issues with him feeding I've tried a smaller Viv smaller prey rats mice braining and so on, he has only eaten three times since I have bought him, on the up side he is not as nervious and doesn't strike at m any more, and I have a few more feeding ideas befor I start to worry. As above I have lost all my records but I don't think he has lost weight.

Pastel: no name still but looming like fruit pastel if my boy has his way, he is eating and sheding perfectly he is the quickest stoke feeder and will not turn down a meal also loving rats.

My website idea is on hold due to time restraints but its still on my list of thi Gs to do.

Now for some good news I went to my local pet shop earlier and saw a male and female pin stripe cb12 sat waiting to greet me they were stunning, I asked to see the female but was informed by the lad he expected her to have mites and was awaiting the reptile.anagers return to get her treated so I left her alone and asked to see the male, nowhewas very nice and a stunning snake but I wasn't over comewith the earge to by him especiaaly cause in wanting females atm, so I asked to see the female she was stunning but he was correct she had mites, so far I have been lucky not to have had mites with any of mine,

How long will mites live on my hand for I put sanitising stuff on straight away but now hmfeel all itchy but that's probably in my head.

I have reserved the snake for the weekend and am 90% sure i will take her without the mites

how have all your snakes been i have alot of posts to catch up on bed time reading me thinks :D

http://www.facebook.com/DannosRoyalPythons?ref=hl

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  18:54:25  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry about spelling my phones autocorrect has made it worse

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  19:52:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, your lot sound to be doing ok - congrats!

About the mites ...unfortunately when immature these are said to be airborne and it's a good idea not to go anywhere where mites may be.

Having said that, in January I bought Sulah, who 3 weeks later turned out to have mites. Fortunately I'd quarantined her, but even so, despite obvious precautions, I was casually going between rooms, putting her cleanings in the bathroom bin with everyone else's etc.

When I discovered the mites I got going with the Callingtons' - and I'm happy to say that the things never spread to my other snakes.

Personally I'd either ask the shop to keep her a while longer, or if you're set on getting her, get hold of some Callingtons asap - brilliant stuff, set up quarantine conditions and spray her viv before she comes home.

This is what I did with Sulah, hope it helps -

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8220&SearchTerms=call+for+the+callingtons

Good luck and congrats in advance - pins are beautiful!

Go to Top of Page

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  20:54:25  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ya I know the reptile manager well as im in the shop once a week minimum checking out thier normal royals they only usually get morphs in if ordered or sold by a home breader and if I ask him to keep on reserved till the mites are gone in sure he will or I'll ask for a discount to take with the mites as I have a couple of spare vivs in the living room, all my current snakes are in my bedroom

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000