New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lewis
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  18:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i currently have a royal in a faunarium which the guy in the shop reccomended and the temps are just far to low 30c hot side but just 20c on the cool so i somehow need to get the ambient temps up . i have ordered a 3ft viv bt the guy in the shop said that will be to big .

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  18:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may well be atm, but just put the faun in the viv, with the heatmat beneath the faun for time being, statted of course, and the extra protection of the viv will hold the faun temps beautifully.

When your royal's outgrowing the faun, start leaving the faun lid off and furnish the viv and let the little guy climb in and out at will.

I did this with a corn hatchling; I provided 'ladders' of plants and climbing branches for her to get in and out of her rub, which was sitting in her viv, and she used to climb in and out and sleep in the rub ...soon she'd started sleeping in the viv so I removed the rub, and job done. There was never any big change from small to large enclosure; she'd adapted to it herself.

Edited by - n/a on 06/06/2012 18:24:14
Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  18:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you have plenty of hides/plants an no big open spaces he may be fine, i would pack out the viv an see if he feeds ok while in there or you could sort out a RUB setup as this would keep the temps better than a faun

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

lewis
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  18:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so wil them temps be ok in the time being ? as i am expecting the viv to be setup tomro or friday then just put the faunarium in it.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  18:32:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Faun or rub in viv will always be better than faun or rub at the mercy of room ambient; the viv will keep in the heat far better and once you've dispensed with faun or rub you can then fit a guarded statted heatbulb and your royal has its adult enclosure sorted.

Yeah and as Chris says, loads and loads of cover - royals of all ages love this, also good idea to drape a towel over one side of the viv for extra dimness - does seem to give them confidence - my new little lad is in a 2' viv and every time I lift his towel he comes at me, wobbling (he's a spider morph lol).

Edited by - n/a on 06/06/2012 18:33:49
Go to Top of Page

lewis
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  18:37:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cheers for the advive hel only shud b at those temps for today then il put the faunarium in the viv and hopefully that will do the job
Go to Top of Page

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  23:16:53  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is there no way for you to up the temps at all ?

As above as long as there is enough cover 3ft should be ok,

My first went into a 4ft by 1ft fish tank when I bought her and she never seemed to mind has always fed well never struck the only reason I changed is that the humidity was far to high.

I'm not saying what i done is correct as i know people have had issues with snakes not feeding in a big enclosure but if you remember theme basic rule as said above plenty of cover and places to hide it should be ok

http://www.facebook.com/DannosRoyalPythons?ref=hl
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  23:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry ought to have explained better - think your temps will improve once the faun is in the viv as the viv will hold in the heat better. Good luck!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000