Almost annoying
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  23:38:20  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So I've had Scar for almost 2 years now, he's a big old grumpy wild caught royal and he's fed 3 times in the last 2 years. He is the typical royal python when it comes to feeding. This is the longest stint he's done of not feeding I can't be 100% as my record keeping changed about 6 months ago and I lost everything older due to not backing up but at a guess I'd say he's about 10 months without a feed, barely lost any weight I think he went from about 1600 to 1500 in that time.

So yesterday I accidently prepared a rat pup for my little girl Angel when she was due to shed, she refused as expected and for mainly curiosity I stuck it in with Scar, he gobbled it up before next morning. A bloody rat pup! How frustrating! I'm going to try him on a weaner rat next time I think to see if size is his issue, he's covered in scars and battle wounds from his wild time so I'm woring if maybe he took on a big prey and came out the worse during his wild time and it put him off big food?

Have tried him on smaller meals before and he's refused but never as small as a rat pup. Strange stuff!

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  19:30:37  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think they are smarter than we give them credit for so its possible that an old fight might put him off. on another note i have noticed that a really smelly (assuming female in heat) rat tends to get mine really excited but its just finding them especially frozen

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  20:02:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe he is as big as nature intends, my male Pastel is coming upto 7 years old and just over 1kg always been picky but as healthy as can be.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  20:06:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigdon23

I think they are smarter than we give them credit for so its possible that an old fight might put him off. on another note i have noticed that a really smelly (assuming female in heat) rat tends to get mine really excited but its just finding them especially frozen

'Old fight' - do you mean an 'old fright' as opposed to a sexy young female in heat???

He's not supposed to SHAG the bloody rat - he's supposed to EAT it lol!

Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  01:04:28  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lol bats, where have you been? its a new cross breeding program Rat x Snake, unfortunately they tend to eat themselves!!!

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  02:15:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go on, I'll believe you. I suppose this new ratsnake/snakerat squeaks, eats cheese and gnaws holes in the skirting boards too lol!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000