New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mattc142
Hatchling

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  08:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys im feeding corey large mice at the minuet but what shall i put him on after those because there starting to go down very easy.do i start on rats and if so what size. cheers guys

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/URL]

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  09:18:45  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd probably move onto medium or large weaner rats, depends where you buy your food though as a lot of places differ on what they call "large" :) you can also get "ex-breeder" mice from some online sources if you want to stay with mice (but you will inevitably have to move up to rats at some point for ease and neutritional value) :)

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  14:17:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah your best bet is try getting a few rats of equal size to what he is eating now, and then keep them together in the freezer and feed a mix of both while making the switch. It should be a doddle making the switch but it my be off putting if the food is bigger than anything before and a different smell etc so thats why I think keeping the same size for a bit will be a beneficial thing. Or it could all be a massive faff and he will take rats no issues. lol.

Go to Top of Page

mattc142
Hatchling

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  19:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice one guys ill pick a few rats up next time im in the shop ive got 4 mice left infact so ill go get some rats this week and try him with a rat next feed thanks again.

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000