Co-Hab Feeding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  12:42:57  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So as you know I've started co-habiting the boa's :)

It's time to try a feed

I've been thinking about the best way to do this safetly so let me know what you guys think if you have any ideas.

So far I'm torn between feeding them both on opposite ends of the viv and using a snake hook to keep them apart while they feed.
Or
Removing the male or female (whoever is in the easiest position) and feeding them outside the viv while feeding the other inside.

The problem with the first is they're very, very strong and it is a bloody hard job keeping them from going somewhere they want to go.
The problem with the second is getting them back in after a feed, the female especially will be very dangerous to be handling while hungry.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: And yes, I will video it so you can all laugh as I get eaten :P

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

Edited by - Kelfezond on 10/06/2012 12:43:20

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  14:12:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erm could you not build a temporary divide you could slide into the viv for feeding and a bit after that too, give them time to stop being in feeding mode. I have to leave Sanke about 20-30 minutes before she calms enough to not strike at anything moving.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  14:17:38  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have been thinking about building a kind of trap door to the top platform to lock the little one up there during feeding time, until that is devised I think I'll be using the old vivarium to feed little one inside.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  14:24:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watch yourself, lol, I've seen what an almost 5 foot dwarf Boa is like when its just been fed, wouldn't fancy going up against an official 6ft + Boa in the same mood.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  14:27:38  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It'll be fun! :D Mwahaha

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000