Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

austin_89
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1248 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2012 :  23:51:48  Show Profile
Hi lil if you are intent on leaving, although I think you shouldn't could you please e mail me? You have helped me massively since I joined as have others and i really appreciate it.

I would like to still be able to contact you and continue getting some great advice when I'm having trouble with the snakes (especially the troublesome corns!).

If you would rather not that is fine but if you don't mind emailing me my email address is in my profile

1.1.0 Normal Royal Pythons... Kane (CF11) + Frankie (CB11)
1.0.0 Spider Royal Python (CB13)
1.0.0 100% het kahl albino boa Dexter (CB13)
1.0.0 Butter Corn...
0.1.0 Snow Corn... Alice
0.1.0 Red Harlequin Crested Gecko... Charlie
0.1.0 Albino Leopard Gecko... Cleo
1.1.0 African Green Mantis
1.0.0 Staffy... Alfie
1.1.0 Cats... Ebony and DK

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  00:17:10  Show Profile
Aww Austin thanks - bit shellshocked atm and probably leaving the forum but thanks and very glad to have your post - my email is (sorry amendment on second thoughts better not have email addy public but hope you've seen it now) do feel free to contact me and that goes for everyone else on TRP the majority of you guys are great! Love ya!

Edited by - n/a on 17/06/2012 08:13:03
Go to Top of Page

austin_89
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1248 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  00:27:39  Show Profile
I do wish you'd reconsider or failing that just come back at some point

And your welcome, it's true you've been a major help in my first year of royal keeping and I appreciate every word of it.

1.1.0 Normal Royal Pythons... Kane (CF11) + Frankie (CB11)
1.0.0 Spider Royal Python (CB13)
1.0.0 100% het kahl albino boa Dexter (CB13)
1.0.0 Butter Corn...
0.1.0 Snow Corn... Alice
0.1.0 Red Harlequin Crested Gecko... Charlie
0.1.0 Albino Leopard Gecko... Cleo
1.1.0 African Green Mantis
1.0.0 Staffy... Alfie
1.1.0 Cats... Ebony and DK

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  00:35:05  Show Profile
Thanks Austin

Go to Top of Page

HaydenK
Yearling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  01:11:00  Show Profile
BATS, you should definitely reconsider this.. I personally think that you should be a moderator on here with the amount that you have done and all the people you have helped in here.
I have just read the thread that caused this fuss and I personally think that you shouldn't leave over that. Everyone has an opinion (even though it did sound like he was trying to sound better than you on that subject (no offense lotabob) and I don't want to get too involved.

All I have to say is that you have probably helped the most people with your knowledge on snake keeping and I would always use you as the most reliable source when I have a problem.

:) Hope I didn't offend lotabob here.

3.0.0 Normals
1.0.0 Pastel
0.2.0 Normals
0.1.0 Amel Corn

1.2.0 Bearded Dragons (CHRISTMAS PRESENT)
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  01:58:44  Show Profile
Nope you didn't. I am perfectly aware of my motives for recommending ceramics on personal experience. If people feel I was trying to be 'better' than anyone else then I do apologise for giving full reasoning for my personal recommendation next time I will make it very very clear its personal experience though I did presume that was obvious been just one person posting. I never made indication to any answer been wrong, it wasn't infra red bulbs are perfectly adequate for a nocturnal snake I just furthered that train of thought to ceramics. I think it is best for everyone that this stops on the forum, it's ridiculous and I'm almost reluctant to reply for fear of people thinking I'm retaliating, I hold no bad feelings to anyone, everyone has an opinion, that's what forums are all about sharing experiences and opinions. I asked for a separate thread to resolve the bad air on the forum as I had nothing to hide and nothing to say that could be offensive or cause offence to the person in question or anyone who read it but that was stopped so it won't be resolved and what I see as a misunderstanding will continue to cause well you've all seen it.

In response I never called you those things, I do remember says silly watch, a play on the issues had with the auto swear filter thing and a play on you been a pagan and you calling yourself a witch, not maliciously just hearings between pals, as for the twit bit, I have already explained that I was testing the swear filter and it does change the swearword in question to twit, I then deleted it as I was just testing it as I explained. As for anythingelse, I honestly don't believe you have been the target of anything at all, I have noticed a few occasions you have been off with a few members but saw no reason for it but as a lot of sarcasm and jesting is exchanged I thought nothing of it.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  08:28:42  Show Profile
Thanks for the kind words Austin and Hayden - though I'd have been useless as a mod lol, it wouldn't have been my thing.

Bob, this has been going on for a long time and I'm not convinced by what you say. However I'm not into competing. I believe there is a type 'A' competitive person - well in my case I'm type ZZZ. But I can see what's going on and i'm damned if I'm going to crawl away without stating my case.

Sorry GMac but hopefully you can see why I had to make this post.

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  09:56:39  Show Profile
BATS, I`ve just seen the post. As others have clearly stated theres no need to leave the forum, there are many ways to keep Royals sadly some people believe that if its not done their way then its not being done to the best of a keepers ability. Your posts are 100% informative and you clearly enjoy passing on your knowledge, keep the peace.

Royals owned "lots"

Edited by - hodgie on 17/06/2012 09:57:38
Go to Top of Page

JanieW
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  10:28:43  Show Profile
To be fair to all, I think it has been blown out of all proportion.

Bats, I have seen nothing that resembles bullying, just some good natured teasing, I believe I made a comment about 'similars' but that was a joke, and I hope you took it as such.

Rob posts with humour much of the time, and yep I have been the target ..like the light bulb dilemma lol and I still owe ya for that one Rob LOL I will have my revenge, just not rushing cos when I do you'll know it *WEG*

So come on guys, lets get back on track :)

My daughter rarely sees the funny side of things, when jokes are aimed at her

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Bert (Staffy) , named after Tolkien's stone Troll
Popeye, African Grey
Gimli (Son Of Gloin), Baby Beardie
Slinky, Baby Royal Python
Fëanor..Baby Mexican Common Boa
Casper 2011 Male Ghost Corn Snake **RIP**
Hoard of Orcs (Dubia Roach Colony)
Pearl & Ivory--African Giant Albino Land Snails
Ra, Taiwanese Beauty Snake
Henry, Western Hognose *Missing*
Pippin, Coastal X Diamond Carpet Python
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose
Flake, Calico male royal, Eowyn, Arabesque Boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  11:00:26  Show Profile
Thanks Hodgie. Yes, I do enjoy passing on knowledge (to the best of my ability) but it's hard to carry on with this if my most innocent post is going to get jumped on and this, Janie, is what has been happenng too many times for my liking, plus incidents that happened before you joined. You don't have the full picture. OF COURSE I don't mind 'teasing' - yes, I remember your comment about 'familiars' - that's an old joke where I'm concerned and it amuses me too. But this has gone beyond 'teasing'. If I spoke to people on this forum or treated them as I've been spoken to or treated on occasion, I would get told off, and rightly so. Or I would provoke a reaction similar to the way in which I've finally reacted.

As it is, now I'm very reluctant to post on even the most mundane matter - or if I do, I'm forced into either meekly putting up with the flak and bad manners from a tiny minority, or else standing up for myself (which I think I've got a perfect right to do.)

It's also very embarrassing to keep on apologising for standing up for myself ...

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  12:11:26  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

but it's hard to carry on with this if my most innocent post is going to get jumped on and this,

I agree 100% and you aren`t the only one on here that it happened too, his posts come across at times as if he`s the forums expert and the rest of us are not upto the job of giving of giving an alterative view.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

JanieW
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  12:49:08  Show Profile
I have seen enough, this is becoming a personal attack now, so i'm going to lay low for awhile. I am not leaving, i'll still update my Feeding Diary, and post pics of my babies on occassion.

I will say however, that I do not agree that Rob has ever given the bullish impression that his is the ONLY way. I have always enjoyed reading his posts, as I enjoy reading and partaking in articles posted by Bats.

Advice given can only be personal opinions, not qualified laws of snake keeping.
None of us that I know of are qualified herp. vetinarians, and they are the only ones that can give definative do's and don'ts. Even the experianced breeder calls upon the vet when needed.

So lets cut out the quips and do what we do best..have fun with our families of snakes, and chatter with each other.

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Bert (Staffy) , named after Tolkien's stone Troll
Popeye, African Grey
Gimli (Son Of Gloin), Baby Beardie
Slinky, Baby Royal Python
Fëanor..Baby Mexican Common Boa
Casper 2011 Male Ghost Corn Snake **RIP**
Hoard of Orcs (Dubia Roach Colony)
Pearl & Ivory--African Giant Albino Land Snails
Ra, Taiwanese Beauty Snake
Henry, Western Hognose *Missing*
Pippin, Coastal X Diamond Carpet Python
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose
Flake, Calico male royal, Eowyn, Arabesque Boa
Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  12:52:02  Show Profile
BATS I also think you should reconsider as I joined this forum yourself and kelf have helped me most with royal keeping and if weren't for you I Proberly ringing the vets every 5minutes *LOL*
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  13:07:39  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address
If bats is still intending to leave then I will keep this thread open so we can all say goodbye, you will be missed bats and I hope you can return at some point. However im not going to let this thread turn into a popularity contest or an attack on bob. Lets keep it friendly, if you guys want to gossip about who is right and wrong you all have email.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

frambo
Yearling

United Kingdom
228 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  13:22:22  Show Profile
First of all, BATS, you have been a wonderful help to a lot of people, myself included and are often the first to answer a question I have. The same goes for everyone on here. I haven't actually seen this thread everyone's talking about but I've been on a LOT of forums over the years and there are often misunderstandings and I think we all need to remember that typed text is a VERY dry medium and very often the wrong message is conveyed.

I'm very sad to see you go but I will say from what I've seen, Bob strikes me as a very jokey person and that's just the way that some people are.

0.0.3 Koi Carp
Go to Top of Page

blackskull
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  14:01:26  Show Profile
it shall be a shame if you do decide to leave BATS, are you sure you wont reconsider. i enjoy reading about your bunch, as i do with reading everyones. besides who is going to quote the feeding guide when someone new comes along

if you do decide to leave i wish you the best of luck in the future

1.1 normal royal, sully, silver
0.1 pinstripe royal, penny
1.1 pastel royal, lars, clover
0.1 lesser royal, serenity
0.1 black pastel royal, betty
0.1 mojave royal, mavis
0.1 normal het clown
1.0 pastel het clown
1.0 nuclear, ned
1.0 super phantom
1.0 childrens python, myles
0.1 hog island boa
0.1 sonoran x boa, grace
0.0.1 mack snow leopard gecko, munchkin
4.1 cats, stan, dave, marble, binx, daisy
4.1 rabbits, mol, ted, bill, spud, alice
0.1 crazy cat/bunny lady of bridgwater, lucy
Go to Top of Page

HaydenK
Yearling

United Kingdom
341 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  14:31:43  Show Profile
you see from the post, Nobody wants you to leave the forums and I think you should do a poll on it JUST to prove it. There will be little point of me being here without you (Aside from Kelfezond :P) but it is one of the main reason I joined these forums, Don suggested it to me as being the best place for snake keeping information and I have seen that you are the cause for a lot of it :) You are always helping people by giving your opinion.

3.0.0 Normals
1.0.0 Pastel
0.2.0 Normals
0.1.0 Amel Corn

1.2.0 Bearded Dragons (CHRISTMAS PRESENT)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  14:44:15  Show Profile
Thanks all you guys who made supportive comments - much appreciated. (Though I'm kind of embarrassed lol.)

Austin I meant to email you to say, any time you need to chat about the snakes (though I'm no expert lol) you're welcome, but the messaging link doesn't work on this forum and members' addys aren't shown on their profiles unless they put them on say the hobbies section. Atm I haven't but I'll put mine back on soon.

Kelfezond I don't care for competing as I said at the outset.

What a shambles eh? But I may as well be hanged for a sheep as for a lamb so I will say this -

I've been on this forum for almost 2 years and on TCS before that and I've seen this sort of situation blow up several times. The thing is - why can't admin/mods nip it in the bud before it becomes crucial? On several occasions I've ended up protesting myself when things have got out of hand (and not just in my own case) which no doubt makes me out to be a right so-and-so, but so be it.

I strongly believe we ought all to be equal and that the snakes come first, every time, also that no matter how new to snakes new members may be, they too have something to offer, and in advising them, even the most experienced member may well learn something. A 'newbie' with one pet cf hatchling (as I was in July '10) is just as important as the future BHB with a glamorous 'collection' - and in fact that newbie may well become the future etc etc, seen it happen in fact.

I really am very embarrassed and sorry that this should have happened through the problems I've experienced on here and had to protest about, I truly hate all this cufuffle but - I feel there needs to be more vigilance on the part of admin/mods, and greater support given to ordinary members, who are in fact the main people to support the forum. So maybe some good may come of it.

And not forgetting the reason we are all here - the snakes. The snakes are what matter. Above all.

Love, Lil

Go to Top of Page

lemur
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  14:44:37  Show Profile
Hi there guys, A lot of people on here help each other and bats has helped most with his knowledge, am soon to be reunited with my royal and will be calling on Good advice and plenty of help after 6 month apart from my royal. Love this forum for all the Good banter and advice So please bats dont leave and am sure most are Behind me saying So. I didn post much on here but still love looking at peoples problems and help from the experienced.

0.1.0 Royal python. Sammy
0.1.0 Bearded dragon.Charlie
Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  15:00:24  Show Profile
well if we want to turn it into a have a go at the forum team fair enough, the forum team all have full time jobs, we cant do anything about anything after posts have been deleted / edited as we cant go back in tme to see what has been written.

We do pick up on just about anything, and we have been here long enough to see when folks are talking with humour and not malice, much of the humour you have joined in with BATS, so my question would be where do the forum team draw the line.

We will now pick up on everything if that is your wish, you yourself having used fist and last letters of a word then starring it out, where it doesnt leave much to the imagination to figure out what the words are knowing fine well they are in the swear filter. Is this the type of thing you wish us to nip in the bud also.

I do not wsh to see you leave the forum may I add, have also said that in email to you, however do not try and turn this into the forum teams fault. we can only deal with what we see.

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  15:11:50  Show Profile
Thanks Lemur. :)

Hi GMac, last thing I meant to do was 'have a go'. If you would re-read my post you would see that it was a rational plea for a bit more vigilance and understanding. Swear words are the least of the problem imo - kids learn that stuff in the primary school; pretty silly of adults to pretend they've got to be protected from seeing them. Haven't got your email yet.

WELL HELL!

Right!

Admin/mods on here are great at kicking ass and showing off but do you ever respond so fast when one of us peasants is being covertly or not so covertly got at and humiliated? No.

Plus I've had experience of a lot of hypocrisy and abuse from admin/mods - one rule for you lot and one rule for us peasants eh?

And that is why I'm so CENSORED unhappy with this CENSORED forum!

CENSORED is my choice of words btw.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000