The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python Photos
 Just like playdough!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jayde Posted - 15/11/2011 : 18:09:31
Well it's been a while since I posted anything exciting... so I thought I'd put up a picture that mad me chuckle this morning.

Cleaned everyone out last night, and switched Heques's viv around to keep him a little entertained.. If you can call changing 2 of his branches into different positions exciting!!
I also threw a spare kitchen roll tube in to stop my dog trying to run away with it and tearing it up!

And this is what I woke up to this morning.

He'd been quite intrigued by it after putting him back in after cleaning, and spent the best part of an hour just going through it, round the side and back in the other end again, like a child going through a tunnel!

Anyway, seeing him squished into the tube like that made me think of playdough from when I was a kid, and how you always used to find that one container / pot / place and think 'What a great place to put playdough.. I'm a genius!!'. Along comes your mum, telling you not to put it in there because you wouldn't get it back out.. and then 5 mins later you'd be trying to fish it out because you'd done it anyway !

Been to work all day, come back and he's still tightly packed into his tube.. He refuses to come out and I'm not even sure which end he's squeezed his head in!
Ah well!!

Also weighed the little guy last night and he's exactly 500g, so all is good
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tawfik47 Posted - 17/11/2011 : 09:07:36
Very nice pics, he looks very happy in his viv
sultanheart Posted - 17/11/2011 : 08:23:15
waw.. cute pics and so so nice home!!
Jayde Posted - 16/11/2011 : 22:21:42
Also, he's now figured out that he is just simply too big to try and fit under his log

(Please excuse the substrate in the water, I was in the process of changing it when I took the photo)
So now has to chill out on the top.. hard life ey?!

Having a little stretch.. He stays like this for hours at a time some nights!

And this is just to show that he likes his hide.. looks like he's grinning. Can't believe he almost completely fills it now!

Pic overload... sowwie!!
Jayde Posted - 16/11/2011 : 21:55:47
Thanks guys
Day 2 and he's still sausage'd into his tube!! Although there has been movement as I can now see his little nose just reaching the end of one opening.. He's finally realised he does actually need some air!
Mystra, like Danny said, it's a coco planter, a small one for pots, which has just gradually become droopier and somehow hairy looking!! They really are good little things, great for keeping up humidity and means I don't need a damp hide when Heques is in blue as he spends time in there as normal and it does the job wonderfully; just spray it or gently run a little water over it and it's a job done.
As to whether the long branch is anything to do with a palm tree.. I've no idea!
This is what it looks like in full:
http://theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6190
Although it's been moved so that it slants upwards rather than downwards, and the thicker branch has simply been laid on the floor in my exciting make over! haha
I picked it up from the same place I get my food, so I'm sure you'd be able to pick up something similar from an exotics store.
Lorraine Posted - 16/11/2011 : 15:50:30
Ha, ha. Great pics.
mystra Posted - 16/11/2011 : 15:42:48
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

Looks really good!!!
That hangind basket looks like the same one I have for my boa, I got mine from tesco and its just a hanging basket liner, but it looks really natural and nice

cool... i'll keep an eye out when Tesco start having garden stuff in again in Spring :)
reptiledanny Posted - 16/11/2011 : 14:22:58
Looks really good!!!
That hangind basket looks like the same one I have for my boa, I got mine from tesco and its just a hanging basket liner, but it looks really natural and nice
mystra Posted - 16/11/2011 : 13:54:16
awww he's awesome!!!

Also... is that a palm tree in there - i want one! And that hide is cool... is it a hanging basket liner or something? i have one of those but its not as nice looking as your onw, yours looks all hairy looking! where did you get it?
Mamma Posted - 16/11/2011 : 12:26:10
Love that last photo!
Figs Posted - 15/11/2011 : 20:43:50
Hahaha! Bless him, how cute
Animal Posted - 15/11/2011 : 20:01:42
He looks really cute peeping out of one end guess what I'm doing when my kitchen roll runs out hehe
rockroyal Posted - 15/11/2011 : 19:49:52
thats so cute
Tawfik47 Posted - 15/11/2011 : 19:21:40
LOL nice one ...
n/a Posted - 15/11/2011 : 19:09:39
LOL - Heques is bursting out all over!

He looks like a badger peeping out of its sett - lovely boy and pics!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000