New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  18:09:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it's been a while since I posted anything exciting... so I thought I'd put up a picture that mad me chuckle this morning.

Cleaned everyone out last night, and switched Heques's viv around to keep him a little entertained.. If you can call changing 2 of his branches into different positions exciting!!
I also threw a spare kitchen roll tube in to stop my dog trying to run away with it and tearing it up!

And this is what I woke up to this morning.

He'd been quite intrigued by it after putting him back in after cleaning, and spent the best part of an hour just going through it, round the side and back in the other end again, like a child going through a tunnel!

Anyway, seeing him squished into the tube like that made me think of playdough from when I was a kid, and how you always used to find that one container / pot / place and think 'What a great place to put playdough.. I'm a genius!!'. Along comes your mum, telling you not to put it in there because you wouldn't get it back out.. and then 5 mins later you'd be trying to fish it out because you'd done it anyway !

Been to work all day, come back and he's still tightly packed into his tube.. He refuses to come out and I'm not even sure which end he's squeezed his head in!
Ah well!!

Also weighed the little guy last night and he's exactly 500g, so all is good

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  19:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - Heques is bursting out all over!

He looks like a badger peeping out of its sett - lovely boy and pics!

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  19:21:40  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LOL nice one ...

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

rockroyal
Yearling

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  19:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats so cute

3.1.0 royal python
2.0.0 corn snake
0.1.0 western hognose
0.1.0 bci
Go to Top of Page

Animal
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  20:01:42  Show Profile  Click to see Animal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He looks really cute peeping out of one end guess what I'm doing when my kitchen roll runs out hehe

Proud owner of:
1 Alan the Royal Python
3 Idiot dogs :)
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Yearling

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  20:43:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hahaha! Bless him, how cute

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  12:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love that last photo!

3.2 cornsnakes 0.1 mexican black kingsnake 1.0 albino californian kingsnake 1.0 pueblan milksnake
1.0 western hognose 1.0 vip t+ albino blood python 1.0 royal python 0.1 hog island boa
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  13:54:16  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
awww he's awesome!!!

Also... is that a palm tree in there - i want one! And that hide is cool... is it a hanging basket liner or something? i have one of those but its not as nice looking as your onw, yours looks all hairy looking! where did you get it?

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  14:22:58  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looks really good!!!
That hangind basket looks like the same one I have for my boa, I got mine from tesco and its just a hanging basket liner, but it looks really natural and nice

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  15:42:48  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

Looks really good!!!
That hangind basket looks like the same one I have for my boa, I got mine from tesco and its just a hanging basket liner, but it looks really natural and nice

cool... i'll keep an eye out when Tesco start having garden stuff in again in Spring :)

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  15:50:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha, ha. Great pics.

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal, Oscar.
1.0.0 German Shepherd, Bailey.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  21:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys
Day 2 and he's still sausage'd into his tube!! Although there has been movement as I can now see his little nose just reaching the end of one opening.. He's finally realised he does actually need some air!
Mystra, like Danny said, it's a coco planter, a small one for pots, which has just gradually become droopier and somehow hairy looking!! They really are good little things, great for keeping up humidity and means I don't need a damp hide when Heques is in blue as he spends time in there as normal and it does the job wonderfully; just spray it or gently run a little water over it and it's a job done.
As to whether the long branch is anything to do with a palm tree.. I've no idea!
This is what it looks like in full:
http://theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6190
Although it's been moved so that it slants upwards rather than downwards, and the thicker branch has simply been laid on the floor in my exciting make over! haha
I picked it up from the same place I get my food, so I'm sure you'd be able to pick up something similar from an exotics store.
Go to Top of Page

Jayde
Yearling

United Kingdom
291 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  22:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, he's now figured out that he is just simply too big to try and fit under his log

(Please excuse the substrate in the water, I was in the process of changing it when I took the photo)
So now has to chill out on the top.. hard life ey?!

Having a little stretch.. He stays like this for hours at a time some nights!

And this is just to show that he likes his hide.. looks like he's grinning. Can't believe he almost completely fills it now!

Pic overload... sowwie!!
Go to Top of Page

sultanheart
Yearling

United Arab Emirates
182 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  08:23:15  Show Profile  Visit sultanheart's Homepage  Click to see sultanheart's MSN Messenger address  Send sultanheart a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
waw.. cute pics and so so nice home!!

1.1.0 royal python(Rasha & slinky)
0.0.1 box turtle
0.0.1 water turtle
2.1.0 canary birds
1.1.0 budgies birds
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  09:07:36  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Very nice pics, he looks very happy in his viv

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000