Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  22:15:53  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

i would have no problem feeding live,probably get flamed for this but if there was NO risk of injury to my snake i would feed live to keep it as it would be for them in the wild.

Me too I think Lee, also less nutrients would be lost as they can be when frozen.

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  06:54:35  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:

probably get flamed for this...
are you getting us confused with somewhere else...........?

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  08:35:06  Show Profile
For me live feeding would be the penultimate option. I'd hate it, but it has to be better for the snake than force-feeding.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  16:13:30  Show Profile
quote:

i would have no problem feeding live,probably get flamed for this but if there was NO risk of injury to my snake i would feed live to keep it as it would be for them in the wild.

I agree aswell, as long as it didnt cost too much more than frozen.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  16:26:26  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

For me live feeding would be the penultimate option. I'd hate it, but it has to be better for the snake than force-feeding.

thats it at the end of the day,you keep a snake not mice and you have to do whats best for the snake.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  16:34:59  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage
I have just seen a large adult royal with some horrid rat bite marks. Was brought into the shop as a NON feeder, the thing looks terrified when a f/t rat is placed in the tank (shop has had it for a few weeks now). Apparently it has always been fed live, then stopped when the rat decided NOT to be on the menu that day.

For this reason I think the largest I would live feed would be a fuzzy rat (in other words not big enough to run/bite/defend itself)

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2009 :  07:25:51  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by karl

I have just seen a large adult royal with some horrid rat bite marks. Was brought into the shop as a NON feeder, the thing looks terrified when a f/t rat is placed in the tank (shop has had it for a few weeks now). Apparently it has always been fed live, then stopped when the rat decided NOT to be on the menu that day.

For this reason I think the largest I would live feed would be a fuzzy rat (in other words not big enough to run/bite/defend itself)

see thats the kind of thing that puts me off...

but then surely if your monitoring with live then this can be provented...

anyway, she was out this morning, first time i have really seen her other than her popping her head out...so maybe she is getting hungry...will leave her till friday and then decide.

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Edited by - wolfspirit on 13/05/2009 07:26:38
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000