Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  10:52:28  Show Profile
I dont often like talking about my private life, but i am bringing this here to try and prevent it happening to anyone else..

I have a bank account with the Halifax and have banked responsibly with them for 12 years, i had a small overdraft on the account.

At the beginning of May i got a letter from them that they were reviewing my account, i knew something was wrong because they dont normally do this to me.

Today i went to my account as i had money going in, had to pay dinner money get petrol and get food etc etc..and get my dimmer stat paid for. which i cant now get as i dont have a bank account...

Went to my account and it was gone all of it, my account read as 0.00..

Phoned the bank and they told me my overdraft had been revoked completely and that i had to pay them all of it back in one go..well Doh! i cant afford to do that.

They gave me a number to call and i had been put to there debt collections in one day.

Could not afford to pay what they wanted to, offered a sum, they said no..

I now dont have a bank account, have charges for three failed DD's today and zero money..they told me i would have to re-open another account with them and transfer all of my DD's to that, i could not have a debit card and would only be able to access my money via the bank in town. No Further transactions would be allowed on this account.

I am not the only one this is happening to, a lot of the banks are doing it to a lot of people.

I was advised by someone today that i should have reapplied my overdraft when it was coming close to the end of its term to £50 less than what it was, and it could possibly have avoided getting to where it is now..

So basically i am saying that if you have an overdraft be aware of what the banks are doing to people..

Its not funny and they dont care that they can wreck your life in one hit...

and they wont give me my money back i have to wait for an appeal that will take up to eight weeks..

Be aware and keep an eye on your bank accounts.

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Edited by - wolfspirit on 12/05/2009 10:52:59

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  10:56:57  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Sorry to hear that Anne, I know its not just Halifax, but I have had problems with them in the past too.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  11:03:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Sorry to hear that Anne, I know its not just Halifax, but I have had problems with them in the past too.

can i send you a pm?

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  11:46:53  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Of course. You usually do

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  12:17:44  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:

Likewise. I have had A LOT of problems with them . Even when I worked for them. Isn't HBOS in rather a lot of trouble with the government at the moment over bail-outs, etc?

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  12:27:51  Show Profile
thats what i told them..i know banks can take an overdraft when ever they feel like it, but i have NEVER have a problem in the past...

I am trying to get my account with Barclays upgraded.

Waiting for them to call me back...

god i need a ciggy badly right now..lol..

I cant even get a pint of milk for tea;-(

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  12:43:00  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

I am trying to get my account with Barclays upgraded.

Waiting for them to call me back...

That's who I have my current account with. Can't fault them.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  12:52:59  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I use First Direct, would recommend.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  13:28:42  Show Profile
thank you both of you and Cat...

this is going to sound daft to some maybe

but my energies are rising now so that is good, the universe will help me..

must of been the full mooon..lol..

I am not mad...just a belief of mine,

but let this be a warning to anyone not aware of what banks can do...without warning...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  15:58:17  Show Profile
sounds like your day has been as bad as mine anne :( wish i could help in some way x
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  16:04:00  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MissCat

sounds like your day has been as bad as mine anne :( wish i could help in some way x

what happened Cat?

My Hamster is on his last legs, maybe be gone before the morning...

this little guy is very special..will be very sad when he is gone..

and i am gagging for a ciggy have not had one ALL day

-- Source Unknown

Edited by - wolfspirit on 12/05/2009 16:09:01
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  16:18:33  Show Profile
well, firstly housing benefit underpaid us by £100, i wasn't too worried, i thought it was child benefit day today anyway, but it's not.
so to sum up, i am £10.00 short on the rent, which means the cheque will bounce (incurring charges on an already heavily overdrawn account- and seeing what's happened to you, i am now panicking about that) and my landlord may possibly turn up telling us to get out (no tenancy agreement, so he can do that).
i have no money for food at all til next tuesday, and like you, have nothing in the house at all... not even milk for a cup of tea, just like you! i swallowed my pride and went into school to sort out free school meals, only to be told that i cant until we go to the jobcenter next (which is next monday) and in my stupid panic (also slightly hoping (albeit naively) that she would say "that's okay, they can have school dinners on tab until it gets sorted") i said "what am i supposed to do meanwhile then? i have nothing in the house, no food, no money!" so she said, very calmly, okay well in that case i am afraid i shall have to call social services. so i am now expecting a visit from them (forgot to mention that my all time 100% only phobia is SOCIAL SERVICES!!!!!)
oh and last night i discovered that my OH has been chatting up other girls/women online then when i queried him on it he LIED to me (i still havent confronted him about the lying part, so i am still stressed about that- and in fact it's the lies that have wound me up the most)
i have applied for a small loan (£200.00 loan, to be repaid in 16 days at £250) which they SAID we have been approved for, but it's subject to confirmation and we wont find out til between 5-6pm.
so that about sums my day up. i'm tired, hungry, stressed and need a smoke. so i sort of know what you are going through sweet x :'(
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  16:22:21  Show Profile
oh and i just remembered i was supposed to be starting anumeracy course run by the council last friday... but i forgot all about it and didnt go! @_@

and i am sorry to hear about your hammy :(

Edited by - MissCat on 12/05/2009 16:23:35
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  16:39:16  Show Profile
quote:

well, firstly housing benefit underpaid us by £100, i wasn't too worried, i thought it was child benefit day today anyway, but it's not.
so to sum up, i am £10.00 short on the rent, which means the cheque will bounce (incurring charges on an already heavily overdrawn account- and seeing what's happened to you, i am now panicking about that) and my landlord may possibly turn up telling us to get out (no tenancy agreement, so he can do that).
i have no money for food at all til next tuesday, and like you, have nothing in the house at all... not even milk for a cup of tea, just like you! i swallowed my pride and went into school to sort out free school meals, only to be told that i cant until we go to the jobcenter next (which is next monday) and in my stupid panic (also slightly hoping (albeit naively) that she would say "that's okay, they can have school dinners on tab until it gets sorted") i said "what am i supposed to do meanwhile then? i have nothing in the house, no food, no money!" so she said, very calmly, okay well in that case i am afraid i shall have to call social services. so i am now expecting a visit from them (forgot to mention that my all time 100% only phobia is SOCIAL SERVICES!!!!!)
oh and last night i discovered that my OH has been chatting up other girls/women online then when i queried him on it he LIED to me (i still havent confronted him about the lying part, so i am still stressed about that- and in fact it's the lies that have wound me up the most)
i have applied for a small loan (£200.00 loan, to be repaid in 16 days at £250) which they SAID we have been approved for, but it's subject to confirmation and we wont find out til between 5-6pm.
so that about sums my day up. i'm tired, hungry, stressed and need a smoke. so i sort of know what you are going through sweet x :'(

does your life run paralell with mine....

it will all clear after the full moon...i hope

i remember once a few years ago i was so broke i sent the kids to school with a note to say i had no way of giving them dinner could they feed them...during that morning i had a call from education welfare...

they then proceeded to tell me what i had to give up and how to run my finances..

i very nicely told them where to get off..the following morning i launched the headmaster in the playground...

i have never liked him, he has no B*lls when it comes to bullies...

you will be alright Cat, i know you will..as i will, its called being a survivor

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  16:42:05  Show Profile
do you ever feel like you are just drowning though? cos i certainly do at times like this :(
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  16:44:21  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage

Sorry to hear about your worries Ws and MC

If you were nearer you could come for a cup of tea at our house

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  16:49:17  Show Profile
*gets coat and starts walking to kazerellas house*
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  16:56:43  Show Profile
quote:

*gets coat and starts walking to kazerellas house*

Kaz will need great big shoulders for this one...

I have given BE and Paulus medals this afternoon for putting up with me...

when do we leave, i will come get you..lol...

i think the whole of Yorkshire would vacate if they knew i was coming

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  16:59:39  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Kaz has big cups too!

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  17:01:19  Show Profile
quote:

Kaz has big cups too!

tea cups?...lol...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  17:02:04  Show Profile
quote:

Kaz has big cups too!

>.< must....not....be....rude....must....not..make innuendo...type..comment...
muahahahahahahahah that cheered i up a bit that did :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000