Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2008 :  18:47:28  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
just a quick question.......wot is a RUB?

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2008 :  18:52:02  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
a really useful box, ment for storage they come in many different sizes but with just a few mods very good home for a snake

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2008 :  18:56:03  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
ok thanx for that!

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2008 :  20:21:44  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I have Queenie my Royal in a small RUB and Marilyn my Dumerils in a huge one, you need to drill holes for ventilation

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2008 :  22:25:07  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
9L is the perfect size for a hatchling Royal.

Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  08:50:29  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
so is it just a plastic/glass/wooden box? wot can u piut in it? i sound so simple i bet! my dad has always kept snakes he has a 22 foot retic python hes amazin! thought me and my bloke were ready to have a snake of our own but we have loads of questions and dont wana ask dad as he'll say "i told u so!" lol

Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  08:51:32  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
maybe some one cud e-mail a pic of theirs? my addy is on my profile!! thanx

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  20:24:54  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Queenie's RUB

inside Queenie's RUB

technically it's not a Really Useful Box but it's as good as! and it's placed inside a cardboard box as a quick fix to make him feel more secure.

Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  08:39:33  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
thanx for that! so is he in that all the time? do u feed him in that or take him out cos of the substrate?

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  13:03:30  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
that's his home till he out-grows it. because he's such a fussy eater i feed him in the RUB, the orchid bark substrate is big chunks so he's very unlikely to swallow any. not best practice i know

Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  13:33:21  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
im not sure wot substare we're usin, its a dark wood and they said at the shop that they wudnt let us have the snake unless we used it! ive tried to contact her to tell us how to feed her but cant get hold of her! sorry im askin so many q's but just wana get it all rite!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  15:04:23  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Mine are on Aspen and are fine, although Orchid Bark keeps humidity better if you're struggling to reach 50-60%.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  15:43:37  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Sherman is on Aspen.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  18:23:28  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Evra is on aspen too. She seems to like it

Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  20:03:27  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
mite have to try orchid bark as humidity is only 43%! is aspen the dark chips?

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  20:07:58  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by vicki

mite have to try orchid bark as humidity is only 43%! is aspen the dark chips?

No. It's a similar colour to pine and looks like really fine wood shavings with chips in.

Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  20:17:17  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
so wot the devil have they given us to put her on then???? they said its fine to feed her on it as the chips are quite big? does that help? any ideas?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  20:21:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Orchid Bark?

Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  20:25:38  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
dint u say that wud help with humidity? its only on 43% wot can i do to get it up? so if it is orchid bark wud u agree that its ok to feed her on that?

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  20:38:51  Show Profile
im using beech chips cos the bark was keeping my humidity at nearly 70%.

dont feed her on ANY substrate in case they swallow it. (unless it newspaper)

most people will suggest that you feed out of the viv to prevent your hand being associated with food when putting it in the viv, and the threat of any substrate being injested when feeding (sticking to the stuart/roland).

i feed mine on news paper on my coffee table. most people use old cardboard boxes or spare RUBS even cat litter trays.

Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  20:43:10  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
i really hant got a clue wot to do now! the ppl at the shop said put 3 fuzzys in when i go up to bed then take out wot ever is left in the mornin and feedin on the substrate will be fine?! this will be her 1st feed with me so wana get it rite and she mite not take it if i do it different to how they did it? so u think put her ina RUB in the evein put in 3 fuzzys then go from there?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000