New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  22:49:54  Show Profile
How often do you lot handle your royals? Im just interested.

I handle Zavvi every day. She comes up to the front of the Rub and looks straight at me then tries to get out. She seems to like it and feeds so its not a problem for me but i have to admit i handle her more than Henry at the moment. Henry is being stroppy this week!

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  23:15:58  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Once or twice a week.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  07:54:32  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Normally a few times a week, but when sherman's been fed not until after he's had a poo.

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  13:04:11  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
only about once a week for Queenie, don't want to upset his feeding!

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  13:34:41  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
we were told we cant handle her till shes fed for 3 wks straight! we're dyin to hold her! once shes feedin ok we will prob handle her 2-3 times a wk

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  15:03:10  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I've never lasted more than 10 days Vicki with one of mine - 1 week to settle in, 1 feed and then a couple of days to digest.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  15:45:09  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
That long! lol.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  17:18:07  Show Profile
i handle mine about 2-3 times aweek for 20 mins.

quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

Normally a few times a week, but when sherman's been fed not until after he's had a poo.

not til after hes had a poo after feeding...
mine has only pooped twice (maybe 3 times) in nearly 14 weeks...
i would never get to handle her...

Edited by - dazb on 22/10/2008 17:20:07
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  18:22:00  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
We only handle ours on Mondays and Tuesdays. If we handle any closer to feeding day she doesn't eat

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  19:20:50  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

quote:

That must be one huge poo! Does he look all deflated afterwards in a cartoon styleee?

Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  20:07:06  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
lol! we are findin it hard! we feed her tomorrow so will prob have her out sat or sun! shes out now roamin about just wana hold her!!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  20:20:57  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by dazb

quote:

That must be one huge poo! Does he look all deflated afterwards in a cartoon styleee?

Rocky is about once every 6 weeks too.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  20:29:41  Show Profile
its like a cat has sneaked in and 'dropped the kids off'. thought it was a regurge at first...

Edited by - dazb on 22/10/2008 20:30:37
Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  20:46:22  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
that actually quite sound advice you've been given vicki, i was having problems getting Queenie to take a feed when i first got him, i stopped handling him and he started feeding more regularly. best off getting the feeding established first as it can become a huge issue

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  20:49:19  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
yh thats wot ppl have been sayin to me that they can be hard to feed so will defo let her get into feedin before i handle her on a regular basis. i thought id be fine with her as dad has always had snakes but its scary havin ur own! feel like i hant got a clue now! lol

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  17:21:46  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
That's all part of the fun- learning what your royal likes and dislikes. They are funny snakes, but when you find out what works for you and your royal it's quite rewarding

Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  09:13:56  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
so to get her to start feedin shall we wiggle it and if she dont go for it leave it in viv for a bit? we tried again last nite but still dint eat how long shall we wait to try again?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  09:25:21  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Did you weigh her?

I'd suggest trying every 3-5 days and keeping an eye on the weight to make sure she's not losing a lot, if any.

What's your setup like?

Are you feeding in the viv or out?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000