New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  23:03:05  Show Profile
I asked Kaz if i could do this so here it is.

This is my final guide and is a brief description of how i set up my 36x24x24 viv using a ceramic heat bulb.

1, Empty viv with just ceramic heat bulb , any heat source must always be run with a stat and in the case of a bulb, it must always be guarded with a strong bulb guard.

2. Add the substrate, i use kitchen roll or newspaper, purely for ease of cleaning and because i feed in the viv, so i want to make sure nothing else is swallowed, but you can use aspen as well.

3. Then i add the hides and also a ceramic stone so my royal can get belly heat if he wants to. I position them at the back to help him feel more secure.

4. Next i added the water bowl to the cool end and some wood branches for him to climb these have been soaked in a bleach solution then thoroughly rinsed and left to dry and the bark stripped before adding to the viv.

5. Then i added some plants to give a bit more cover ( you can add much more greenery if you like ) and a moss box made from a margarine tub, its now his fave hide.

6. Last but not least, i set up the pulse stat and the digital thermometer probe tied them together and place mine under the heat source. There is also another digital thermometer in the cool end

my temps are set at 31 in the hot end and 27 in the cool end

If the viv is a new one, it is best to leave it set up like this for a day or so to check the temps are ok.

7. Finally the last thing that is needed is the snake.

thats it in a nutshell , just to give you an idea of setting up a viv for your royal..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Edited by - wolfspirit on 01/06/2009 23:40:30

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  23:31:01  Show Profile
i love this set up, simple yet functional and looks good. i also love that wood, was it bought or found?
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  23:41:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MissCat

i love this set up, simple yet functional and looks good. i also love that wood, was it bought or found?

he he he Cat...i never brought any of it, some i found some was given to me.. i had more but i took it out and gave it to another snake..

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  00:33:01  Show Profile
i love your new siggy btw ;)
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  06:05:05  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Very nice Anne.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000