Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  18:08:20  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
monty's eye's have gone full blown blue,should i put a moss hide in now or wait for his eyes to clear?

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  18:56:51  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Put it in whenever you like, I have one in permanently.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  21:51:36  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
Cheers BE,i mentioned to the mrs about giving him a bath once his eyes have cleared and then my 6 year old duaghter appeared with a barbie jacuzzi and said he could use that.bless

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2008 :  18:14:36  Show Profile
how sweet...

i put a moist hide in wen they are blue, but to be honest never seen her go near it so i raise the humidity aswell by moving the water bowl to the warm end and lightyly mist the viv...

Edited by - dazb on 15/12/2008 18:15:07
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2008 :  18:19:07  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Rocky's eyes have just cleared and I have got home tonight and noticed that he has moved from his warm hide into his moss hide. So he just goes in when he needs to.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  21:11:48  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
Im getting a bit worried because i have not seen him out since the 10/12 when i last fed him that weaner which i thought might of been too big,is it normal for them to be so inactive prior/during shedding?i keep checking on him to see if he's still alive.his eyes have been cloudy since sunday morning,should i bath him.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  21:28:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I would wait until they clear if it were me.

Not unusual for them to be inactive after a large meal or before shedding, so combine the two and I'm not surprised he's resting.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  22:21:49  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
Cheers be,i'll have a look again in the morning to see if they have cleared.

Go to Top of Page

Gingerpony
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2663 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  14:34:07  Show Profile  Click to see Gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
as long as you're checking to make sure he's still there and alive i wouldn't worry, for the reasons BE's already said

Dumerils boas, BCO hybrids, Sinder Hypo boas, cornsnakes, ratsnakes, Day Geckos
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  01:40:42  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
Checked tonight ,still got milky eyes but thought i would try a feed,he struck and constricted it but gave up as he had it by the middle of the body.Once he let go tried to tempt him agian but there was no interest,so have put him back in to settle down.whats the max his eyes should stay milky and cant get him to use the moss hide.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  16:03:09  Show Profile
they will be like that for a few days...

mine doesnt seem to use the moss hide so i wouldnt worry to much. just move the water bowl to the warm end and that will help increase the humidity.

as for him leaving once he has struck at the middle, mine often strike then release and work their way round it looking for the head by using the direction of the fur as a guide.

best just leave them with it for a while.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  16:19:52  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
He never gets the head and like you said he gets there in the end but just gave up,nevermind try again after he's shed.

Go to Top of Page

vicki
Yearling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  18:23:37  Show Profile  Click to see vicki's MSN Messenger address
when Ella sheds her eyes are blue but they dont go clear till after shes shed? not worried tho, she had gd shed all came off in 1 bit!

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  18:12:30  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
Well,his eyes have cleared and gave him a little soak,so i reckon a couple of day and he should shed,should i bath him every day or just leave it as it might stress him too much

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  18:15:30  Show Profile
bathing is not a necessity...

my little girl has just done a full 1 piece shed and i didnt bath her at all.

i definately would not bath her every day.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  18:41:56  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

bathing is not a necessity...

my little girl has just done a full 1 piece shed and i didnt bath her at all.

i definately would not bath her every day.

As Daz says, unless you have a known problem-shedder its not a necessity. See how this one goes.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  19:09:29  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
Ok,see how it goes,going to be glue to the viv now for a few days,luckily its right next to me chair so should see it.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  01:45:27  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
It is now 1.40am and he's just shed,seen him spinning around in his hide then notice the skin peeling back,waited until he had stoped then had a peek,just a bit left on his tail but the rest perfect

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  09:01:18  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Congrats.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  12:32:40  Show Profile
congrats mate...

saw my little girl shed the other week by just spinning around in her hide. completely different way of doing it to how my corns shed. they tend to just explore the viv to slide out.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  12:53:37  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
My corn shed a this week too,same way as yours(by rubbing against everything)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000