Yummy yummy for my tummy!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  22:41:45  Show Profile
My royal named Indyghana Jones strike fed its first rat weener with me tonight!

Indy was in his hide, so i lifted it up and held the weener away. No interest. A little poke and Boooom! Buy the time I flinched, it was already constricting! Now I didnt have any feeding tongs, or if i did i cant find them, so i washed my hands in cold cold water, and then heated the weener up with a hair dryer, and luck had it, its aim was fantastic. Got the head in one shot.

Also I was a little worried at how its gonna manage to eat it as Indys head is quite small compared to his tummy, and then there were the legs which were stiff to and a little bit diffcult to get the mouth around. But much to my suprise he managed it with easy!

Im not into watching snakes eat as i quite like rodents, but it certainly was fascinating.

Would like to say thanks for all your guys help to date. Very appricated.

All the best
Lee

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  23:03:31  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
well done blundy,i personly find feeding time one of the best things about keeping snake,but if your a rodent fan i can understand that,congrats on getting him on weaners though.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  23:16:25  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Indy

Go to Top of Page

Mulv
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
530 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  05:40:08  Show Profile
Congrats on the weaner work
Go to Top of Page

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  09:13:14  Show Profile
Indyghana says thanks :) Now i guess its leaving him for two days to see how he goes :) Temps have all steadied out which is nice :)

I must admit i was a little uneasy about wether he would eat or not, because i broke the rules and handled him a few times when i shouldnt have during the first week. But thankfully he still ate. What a star
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  16:14:06  Show Profile
well done mate...

Go to Top of Page

I-M
Hatchling

United Kingdom
68 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2009 :  19:25:34  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by blundey

My royal named Indyghana Jones strike fed its first rat weener with me tonight!

Indy was in his hide, so i lifted it up and held the weener away. No interest. A little poke and Boooom! Buy the time I flinched, it was already constricting! Now I didnt have any feeding tongs, or if i did i cant find them, so i washed my hands in cold cold water, and then heated the weener up with a hair dryer, and luck had it, its aim was fantastic. Got the head in one shot.

Also I was a little worried at how its gonna manage to eat it as Indys head is quite small compared to his tummy, and then there were the legs which were stiff to and a little bit diffcult to get the mouth around. But much to my suprise he managed it with easy!

Im not into watching snakes eat as i quite like rodents, but it certainly was fascinating.

Would like to say thanks for all your guys help to date. Very appricated.

All the best
Lee

Fernando sometimes has quite a job getting his jaws around the legs, and how uncomfortable it looks.

I quite like cows and chickens and sheep, but have no problem watching my family eating them... Same applies to watching Fernando eating his rats!

Aka "The Old Bat"
Go to Top of Page

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2009 :  07:13:02  Show Profile
Slightly differnt when your feeding rat weeners and rat pups :( Saying that you could argue I eat lamb, but i only see the red meat, never see the animal to correlate the two :)
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2009 :  16:06:19  Show Profile
well done on getting him to feed, but get yourself some tongs, cos you just never know when he might go for your hamd rather than the rat

My second snake is called Indy...lol..my son named him...but he is not a royal...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2009 :  17:16:22  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Congrats mate. Well done . You're braver than me using your fingers .

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2009 :  18:19:43  Show Profile
Braver than me to, i like my fingers the way they are...unchewed..lol

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

evekioul
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2009 :  15:13:33  Show Profile
nice one mate! and yeah to right about not using tongs! id be pretty worried i think lol. also to I-M... fernando great name lol!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000