New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ally09
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  19:07:05  Show Profile
my Smeagol nearly year old never missed a feed loves nothing better than to roam all over my pc table(roller desk type with lots of nooks and craneys) cannot get her back into her plastic starter tank

What i was wondering is would it really do her any harm to mover her in into full size tank with lots of hidey holes??

thanks

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  19:30:03  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
hi and welcome to the forum,as a general rule the width + length of the tank shoudnt be longer than the snake,you might get away with it if you really pack it out or he may stop feeding as royals dont need much of a excuse to stop.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  19:49:01  Show Profile
you could try it, i know someone who has done it successfully, but if you do , you will need to make sure your royal has plenty of spaces to hide in and also keep an eye on temps and stuff..finally if you do go this route, you will need to leave your snake alone for a good fortnight as the move could cause stress.

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  19:51:26  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Some Royals will be fine and I tend to put mine into vivs earlier than others do, but I really pack the vivs out.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000