shed!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dazza
Yearling

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  22:28:25  Show Profile  Click to see dazza's MSN Messenger address
just a few questions about my royal, a few days ago i noticed that her skin went real dull and her eyes went cloudy so i presumed she was about to shed, a few days later her eyes cleared up and i understand that the shedding process follows the clearing of the eyes, the bit that concerns me now is now her skin has gone really wrinkly and loose, this will be my first shed and apart from the eyes and the dulling of the skin im not sure what to expect next.

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  22:29:57  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Give it a few more days

Go to Top of Page

dazza
Yearling

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  22:32:00  Show Profile  Click to see dazza's MSN Messenger address
thanks be, so the wrinkly and loose saggy skin is normal?

Go to Top of Page

Dazzetski
Yearling

United Kingdom
461 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  23:03:57  Show Profile  Visit Dazzetski's Homepage  Click to see Dazzetski's MSN Messenger address
sofia went cloudy then "normal" & took about 10 days to shed, don't panic Mr Manwaring!!!

0.2.0 Cats (Spud & Phoebe) RIP Stevie fat man
1.1.0 Royals (Syd & Sofia)
2.2.3 Corns (Hogan, Shaggy, Sparkle, Tango, Fred, Haribo & Go Faster)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Escobar)
1.1.0 Variable King Snakes (Lancelot & Guinaverre)
0.0.20 Fish
Go to Top of Page

blundey
Hatchling

86 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2009 :  10:30:13  Show Profile
Yeah skin goes super loose like its dehydrated, but this all comes off. Keep an eye on the tail end, he/she MIGHT need help with it. Mine did, even though humidity was high.
Go to Top of Page

dazza
Yearling

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2009 :  12:34:46  Show Profile  Click to see dazza's MSN Messenger address
shes had a partial shed as in its came off her head and around the eyes, she has shed i would say about 50% and i noticed its came off her tail but still hanging on, i will give her a bath tonight and see how that goes, but any advice is greatly recieved

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2009 :  12:43:55  Show Profile
I would give a nice bath and a run though a damp towel...then back in the viv with a moist hide...

Go to Top of Page

dazza
Yearling

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2009 :  12:49:01  Show Profile  Click to see dazza's MSN Messenger address
cheers for that daz, she has 2 hides, one on the heat mat and one in the cool end, wich one should i use for the moist hide? and would like a damp kitchen towel br ok to use under her hide?

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2009 :  13:35:49  Show Profile
i would use the cool one. will stay damp for longer.
I would go for ripped up newspaper. kitchen roll prob wouldnt stand up to a royal for long could end up messy. Put it in a old margerine tub or tupperware tub with a entrance hole cut in...

Go to Top of Page

dazza
Yearling

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2009 :  14:47:29  Show Profile  Click to see dazza's MSN Messenger address
ok thanks for that daz, i also sent a friend request on facebook mate

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000