New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clodove-xx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  14:37:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, my vet is a very stupid woman when it comes to reptiles and cant help me with prince :( basically hes had a shed and its become stuck around his bum near the sexing glands, ive put him in a warm bath which didnt do much, then a few days later i noticed sort of teeth like spikes coming from his glands? i dont know how to upload a picture to show everyone. please help :(

if its too good to be true then it probably is... unless its royals, gotta have royals

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  14:45:00  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like his spurs?
They look like this?

If it's stuck shed best thing to do is just warm baths and waiting really. Pictures would help there is a guide in the video section in the topic "Kelfezond's Snakes" that may help you.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

clodove-xx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  14:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes thats exactly what they are just fine coz of his size! how do i get rid of them?
ill check it out thankyou x

if its too good to be true then it probably is... unless its royals, gotta have royals
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  14:56:21  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You don't get rid of the spurs they're meant to be there :)

Go to Top of Page

clodove-xx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  15:00:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh right haha awkward.. ive never seen them before do they come out with age?

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  15:02:26  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No lol they're always there, apparently that's what left of their legs through evolution, they can use the spurs to hold on to each other while mating :)

They can break off if handles too roughly or caught it doesn't cause any problems but obviously better to leave them attached :)

Go to Top of Page

clodove-xx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  15:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh good haha thankyou for your help xx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000