Page: of 15

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bpluv

i dont think i could have a fully grown snake, maybe a sub adult, its never the same if you dont see them grow. but will definitly be from a good breeder. where ever it may be.

thanks again

does not have to be fully grown, i got Peanut when he was 5 months old...and he has always been a good feeder, cept when i dropped a rat on his head two weeks ago, but he is back to feeding again now...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cat, nothing will put me off royals, no other snake like them. just abit put off owning another at the momnt, but i still love them. and il never know if it was my fault :(
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

cat, nothing will put me off royals, no other snake like them. just abit put off owning another at the momnt, but i still love them. and il never know if it was my fault :(

just give yourself time first before you get another...

there will be tons of royals around in a couple of months time....

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:34:26  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wolfspirit

you know it may be that he was already sick, and this might have been why he never ate...

Very likely. BP, you did your best, sorry for your loss

Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

[/quote]

does not have to be fully grown, i got Peanut when he was 5 months old...and he has always been a good feeder, cept when i dropped a rat on his head two weeks ago, but he is back to feeding again now...

[/quote]

lol, its strange how the smallest things put them off eating..
at 5 months though they must be quite a size, even at 2 months my friends have outgrown their large hide. and at 5 months you have missed so much, even though you have a long time left its not quite the same as seeing what their babyish ways lead to.lol. i sound so soppy.lol.
Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks BE
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

lol, its strange how the smallest things put them off eating..
at 5 months though they must be quite a size, even at 2 months my friends have outgrown their large hide. and at 5 months you have missed so much, even though you have a long time left its not quite the same as seeing what their babyish ways lead to.lol. i sound so soppy.lol.

not really, i could have been like you and got one that was said to be feeding but wasnt..

one thing though, and i would say this to anyone...

if you have a baby and cant get it feeding within the first few weeks of you having it and it starts losing weight then seek help to get it going......

that is not a dig at you either, but they are royals and sometimes they can be so tricky...

and snakes can take a while to show they are sick...but that is just my preferences...not everyone would do the same...

-- Source Unknown

Edited by - Blackecho on 10/07/2009 23:06:53
Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:46:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
problom is i did seek help, i took it to the vet after a couple of weeks when i had the nose scab and the spot, i told him it hadnt eaten and that was fine at the time. then i found this forum and followed all the advise. and i was told at 51 grams it was ok, and i reported the weight loss and agin, you lot said it was fine, then a couple days ago i was told 40 grams is worryingly low. now my babies dead.
thats not a dig at anyone just to point out i did seek help. and apart from the weight loss was showing no other probloms, but never shed for me and never ate for me
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

problom is i did seek help, i took it to the vet after a couple of weeks when i had the nose scab and the spot, i told him it hadnt eaten and that was fine at the time. then i found this forum and followed all the advise. and i was told at 51 grams it was ok, and i reported the weight loss and agin, you lot said it was fine, then a couple days ago i was told 40 grams is worryingly low. now my babies dead.
thats not a dig at anyone just to point out i did seek help. and apart from the weight loss was showing no other probloms, but never shed for me and never ate for me

i wasnt having a go at your nor would i, i feel dreadful for you that he has gone...

i only decided this tonight after what happened to your royal..

see the shedding might be another clue..

snakes can harbour illness for quite a time then it hits them, they have slow metabolisms, so it may well have been something wrong...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know you wasnt anne, i thought it hadnt shed cause it hasnt eat as there is no infomation anywhere saying if they dont shed, or show signs of not shedding that it may be ill, so id never know. looks like we are learning from this. but is a harsh way to learn
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:59:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i know you wasnt anne, i thought it hadnt shed cause it hasnt eat as there is no infomation anywhere saying if they dont shed, or show signs of not shedding that it may be ill, so id never know. looks like we are learning from this. but is a harsh way to learn

yes it is, but maybe him going is the lesson..life is hard and when it is you that it is happening to then it is hard to see what is to be gained from it, but there is always something...

anyway, i have to go to bed now, been up since half four this morning..

you take care ok and try not to be to hard on yourself..

for what it is worth, my friend lost a GTP the other day because he sprayed fly killer in the room, he has an allergy to bites..two days later his snake was dead..

he was devastated, but others will now learn from it and it will save other snakes from the same fate...

-- Source Unknown

Edited by - wolfspirit on 10/07/2009 23:01:04
Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  23:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh! i know never to spray anything around the tanks exept water, i bet he was very upset. wouldnt wish it on anyone.
i understand what your saying, but i feel sorry for the poor thing. more so if it was my fault. but then, it is my fault cause i didnt know how to tell its sick.

thanks anne, il let you get to bed. thanks for your time, and kind words.

night
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  23:21:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think it's genuinley hard to tell when it's sick, uness it has an RI and even then sometimes it's not that obvious.
sometimes there are signs, but they also mean other things, so it doesnt click that there was something wrong until its too late. your vet didnt pick up on anything, so how could you have been expected to?
Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  23:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont know cat, i just feel so bad. i never realised i had a concoince.:o
but how do i learn these things without killing any other animals.
i read up on ris and didnt really find any other infomation on other health issues.
you wouldnt know where i can find out about health issues to look out for with my boa would you?
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  23:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
honestly, no, but u could maybe ask on the rainbow boa site..?
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  23:55:01  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry to hear this,at least no one can say you didnt try.

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000