Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  20:07:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if at any point you feel that you want help, just give me a shout and i will ask for you...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  21:23:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats great, all the advise sounds good to me.
i have put 2 toilet roll tubes in as advised before, but im not sure its useing them as it was out of them when i checked the water.
i have frozen fuzzies, how long should i let it defrost for so the inside isnt frozen, and should i warm with a hair dryer.

so if she feeds leave her uncovered in the rub. if she doesnt feed to leave covered for 5 days then try again.

thanks wolfspirit, and everyone else helping me out. they are such lovly animals i want this to last me so i want to get it right.

i apprieciate the advise.
thanks
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  21:25:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you got anything small enough for a hide rather than tubes...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  21:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have some small exo terra ones, one would take up quite a bit of room though. would that matter? it would probobly take up most of the cool end
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  21:47:10  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Small marg tubs are good, or cut down flower pots.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  21:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bpluv

i have some small exo terra ones, one would take up quite a bit of room though. would that matter? it would probobly take up most of the cool end

if it was me and this is just me, i would give it two hides if poss, one cold end and one hot end...but thats just me, something that he can curl up nice and tight in..so he feels secure,...but thats just what i would do..

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  22:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
il have to look and see what i can find, we only get large marg tubs.

thanks
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  22:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

il have to look and see what i can find, we only get large marg tubs.

thanks

cut down plastic flower pots are good...but they tend to get shoved around the rub at night, or at least mine do..lol..

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  22:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i try to do that aswell ws, i have 2 tubes in there now,, 1 each end, water bowl in the middle, as the rub isnt very big i cant fit too much in. il have to get out of work and try and get some flower pots, from somewhere..

thanks again
Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  22:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what do you suggest then ws?
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2009 :  22:37:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this i what i have Kaz in,

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1451

but dont go changing it again, you might get him feeding in there..and she is bigger than your little guy, but just so you can see how crowded it is

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2009 :  08:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

thats great, all the advise sounds good to me.
i have put 2 toilet roll tubes in as advised before, but im not sure its useing them as it was out of them when i checked the water.
i have frozen fuzzies, how long should i let it defrost for so the inside isnt frozen, and should i warm with a hair dryer.

so if she feeds leave her uncovered in the rub. if she doesnt feed to leave covered for 5 days then try again.

thanks wolfspirit, and everyone else helping me out. they are such lovly animals i want this to last me so i want to get it right.

i apprieciate the advise.
thanks

Leave to defrost til they are all soft, then heat up with hair dryer. however this is not essential, some people put in a plastic bag then heat in hot water.
Even if he feeds keep doing the same. RUB covered, no handleing. You should be looking at 5 consectuive feeds before changing things. A toilet roll is plenty big enough for a hatchling royal.

Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2009 :  22:48:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i went to uncover my snake tonight, [no name as dont know sex yet].lol.
when i uncovered it it was sat in the warm end head up again, was about 6.45 this evening, i didnt rush it like before as i may of scared it and it stayed in, i refilled the water and left as is, it had just poked its head out when i was closing it, and i had no fight this time either.
i really hope it feeds on sunday as im doing everything i have been told.

is there anything else i should be thinking about in preperation?

thanks
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2009 :  00:06:32  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Think about it not eating, this is no guarantee it will and the more stressed you get about it, the more you'll struggle.

Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2009 :  09:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im not stressing, im just getting abit anxious, im use to things not eating a dyeing, not just fasting. im sure with the help from here il get it eating.
thanks
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2009 :  09:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

im not stressing, im just getting abit anxious, im use to things not eating a dyeing, not just fasting. im sure with the help from here il get it eating.
thanks

if he does not take this feed weigh him and let us know his weight.

i am thinkng rats tails on an assist if he does not feed, might be easier then trying to assist on a pup.

-- Source Unknown

Edited by - wolfspirit on 20/06/2009 09:44:58
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2009 :  09:45:44  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Digital kitchen scales are what I find best for this and very cheap on ebay.

Go to Top of Page

bpluv
Yearling

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2009 :  20:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a small set of gold scales that i weighed it on, will bill ok till its 100 grams.
how do you mean rats tails? just the tail? im not sure id like to try assist feeding myself, i wouldnt want to damage my snake.
il let you know how it goes. im thinking of trying around 7pm tomorrow. should i dangle it in front of it or just put it in and see what happens. should i brain the fuzzie or strait in?

thanks
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2009 :  21:11:02  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just for your information, I fed 3 of mine this evening at 20:00, an hour after I shut the curtains to make them think it was getting dark. I'd suggest you close the curtains too before you uncover your RUB.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2009 :  21:35:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i have a small set of gold scales that i weighed it on, will bill ok till its 100 grams.
how do you mean rats tails? just the tail? im not sure id like to try assist feeding myself, i wouldnt want to damage my snake.
il let you know how it goes. im thinking of trying around 7pm tomorrow. should i dangle it in front of it or just put it in and see what happens. should i brain the fuzzie or strait in?

thanks

I will explain if you need to go the tails route..

the problem you have right now is that maybe your royal does not yet realise that it is food..sounds daft i know, but is just something that was mentioned to me when i was talking about your royal to someone else..

sometimes they dont associate defrost as food..i was also told that if you can get the first feed into them then your ok, but if not then it is easier to go one assist one live then defrost..but that might be easier said than done..

my baby royal went this route and has now taken three feeds on her own..two more feeds and i will be going to get her...

but with Kaz i have chosen the easy route of live...hoping eventually to go defrost with her, but no worries if she does not take defrost...

i used to feed all mine at night to, but now i feed daytime with no probs..only because it is quieter in my house in the day than at night as the kids are at school...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000