Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  15:46:09  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Guy's.
I have 2 royal's 1 called spike and 1 called sizzle's. Spikes healthy and eats and moves around alot and poos.
Sizzles moves but she dosent eat. Well, she does but only live food. I dont want to carry on live feeding her as ive seen and heard storys about it and i dont want bad things to hapen to my snake.
Is there any way and any suggesgions on how i can start feedin ready killed prey

Cheers
Dibzy xxxxxx

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  16:19:24  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Try fresh-killed as an intermediate stage.

Go to Top of Page

snakielover
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  17:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
youv'e probaly already tried this, but have you wriggled it with feeding tongs to make it look alive?
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  18:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with BE...

give her a ten day break then offer her a very fresh killed one as i kill it and feed it..

Was she a live feeder when you got her?

How old is she?

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

diesel
Yearling

United Kingdom
215 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2009 :  19:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one of my royals wouldnt eat for the first time at home and it was getting 12 days since her last feed (and iv read and for what i can work out the longer they go the harder it is to get them to take a feed, if am wrong then forgive me) but i cut the belly of the fuzz open so that some of the gut came out and she took it right away (i think the guy i got her from feed live/fresh killed) give it a try it might work,

3.4 corn snakes
1.3 corn x rat snakes
4.3 royal pythons
4.2 king snakes
0.1 BCI

coming soon 1.1 butter motley corn

NEW WEB SITE...
http://kat80.webs.com/

Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  13:51:44  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I dont know if she was a live feeder or not. I think shes an earlie to mid 08. When I first got her, I feed her a ready killed mouse and she took them for around a month or 2 then she didnt eat. So I went to a shop called cold bloded and he suggested live feeding. so I've dun that but as I've said I dnt want to carry on live feeding.....
what I did when i was feeding dead prey was heating it up until the guts pop out and then feed.

Dibzy xxx
Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  14:54:22  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
could it be that ive got my male and female in the same viv? the person i bought sizzles(female) from told me it wouldnt b a problem to keep them in the same viv as my male spike.... shes eaten b4 in the same viv

Dibzyxx
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:02:44  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dibzy-Time

could it be that ive got my male and female in the same viv? the person i bought sizzles(female) from told me it wouldnt b a problem to keep them in the same viv as my male spike.... shes eaten b4 in the same viv

Dibzyxx

my advice is to split your snakes up. they are soletry creatures and acciedents can happen.

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how old are they and how long have they been together?

has she put any weight on?

depending on how old she is, she may be gravid...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:12:29  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
tbh i dnt no how old she is. she has lost a fair bit of wait since ive had her. theyve been together about 3 months.
What does Gravid mean?

Dibzyxx
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:14:03  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

tbh i dnt no how old she is. she has lost a fair bit of wait since ive had her. theyve been together about 3 months.
What does Gravid mean?

Dibzyxx

up the duff. excuse my termenolgy hehe.
how big is she?

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you got any photos of her?

if she was gravid she would be gaining weight and you would probably be able to feel eggs inside her...

you really need to seperate them, it could be the presence of the male that is stopping her from eating..

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:22:07  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok. ill try n get a few pics of her and then upload to here. might not beable to tho coz im usin the libary pc. ok ill separate them when i get home n see hoe she does.... ill keep you all up dated.
thanks for the help peeps
Dibzyxx
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:23:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

ok. ill try n get a few pics of her and then upload to here. might not beable to tho coz im usin the libary pc. ok ill separate them when i get home n see hoe she does.... ill keep you all up dated.
thanks for the help peeps
Dibzyxx

when you do seperate them give her 10 days to settle again then try a feed...

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:36:22  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
okay will do.
dibzy
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:40:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

okay will do.
dibzy

whats your set up like?

temps and stuff

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:41:20  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ive got a temp stat two hides water bowls a log and a piece of greenary.
Dibzy
Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:44:40  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/snake-pictures/252754-my-royal-python.html
thats sizzles in one of the pics there. thats the size she was when i first got her. its not the best pics buh its te best i have atm. we got here that day and put them both together. they were the same size and both tokk to the feed a few days l8r. buh now she hasnt eaten spikes bigger.
dibzy
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:50:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
are you feeding them both in the same viv? and at the same time?

whats your temps like? how are you measuring them?

what is the light in there? you dont need it

nice viv, but maybe more hides..lol..but that would just be my preference..

-- Source Unknown

Edited by - wolfspirit on 21/07/2009 15:51:12
Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  15:53:46  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i try n feed sizzles 1st but she dosent take. so i take her out and put her in a tub and feed my male and then try n feed sizzles in there. still no change. ive been told so many diferent heats for the viv its unrel. i keep mine at between 80 and 90.
dibzy
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2009 :  16:05:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i try n feed sizzles 1st but she dosent take. so i take her out and put her in a tub and feed my male and then try n feed sizzles in there. still no change. ive been told so many diferent heats for the viv its unrel. i keep mine at between 80 and 90.
dibzy

do you know what the temps are hot and cold end? how are you measuring the temps? is it with a dial or digital thermometer?

i am guessing that might be the start of what needs changing, as that viv looks huge, but it might be deceptive..if it is big then temps might not be reaching what royals need to be kept at, a heat mat will not heat the viv.

am posting this link here so you can have a good read, this i the royal python care sheet on this site and it is a good one

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/royal_python_care_sheet.htm

-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000