Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  12:20:46  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Im only using the mat, as you advised it should be sufficient.

When I was using the 40W red bulb and the mat i was achieving the 77F in the day, but it was still dropping to about 71F at night, when i turned the bulb off. The hot end keeps its temperature. Its just the cool end.

I got a steady flow of heat in the hot end now, it heats up to about 88 and then flicks off down to 84 and back up, the cool end just stays at 72.7 (i swapped the thermometers around to make sure the one playing up was registering the right heat and it is.) After playing with the battery, it doesnt seem to be playing up anymore, but am keeping a close eye on

Maybe I should get a little electronic heater to warm the room up

GEPowditch
Go to Top of Page

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  15:09:28  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I finally have a digital hygrometer, went and got one from b&q today. It also shows the temps.

Humidity is 55%, temps are 72.9, which is what is shows on the cool thermometer. I have placed the sensor for the dual meter half way down the back wall, in the middle.

At least, i dont have to worry about the humidity.

I also have got a second rub, which I am going to get ready and all set up for when she messes. I also thought by having this placed the other side of the mat, with the mat directly in the middle of the viv, the temps will be pretty much the same, as it is just the other end of the viv.

By not having all the extra space and cold air moving around in the viv, i thought this may have an impact on the cool temp. maybe its a long shot, but worth a try i think.

GEPowditch
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000