1.0.0 Western hognose(Fredo)
0.1.0 false water cobra(Suzy)
Go to Top of Page

james200789
Yearling

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  22:20:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BE what does it mean when the folder sign for the thread is on fire??

1.0.0 Royal Python (Monty)
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  22:24:41  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Means its a current hot topic, probably to do with the number of views/responses in a given time.

Go to Top of Page

bilbo
Yearling

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  22:35:14  Show Profile  Visit bilbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i still have not given her a name yet and finding it hard to come up with one so far. anyone got any good names for a female python??? my 4 year old girl wants to call her family snake cause she is all of ours lol....i have 3 corns as well and there names are bilbo lizzie and roger...
Go to Top of Page

james200789
Yearling

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  00:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when i choose names it usually has something to do with the animal like my royal his name is monty obviously monty python my hognose got his name because in the wild they like to eat frogs and fredo being a chocolate frog. and as for my water cobra suzy was just a name i gave her.

Go to Top of Page

chris100575
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
743 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  08:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Bilbo! She should get used to being held soon and start to come out of her ball.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Princess
0.1.0 BCI - Feather
Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  20:27:15  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lovely royal
i have trouble with names, i called my royal boo because she kept hiding in her tree and poking her head in and out of it when i walked past so the name stuck
the pine snake i am getting hisses all the time, and i hope it is a male because then i am going to call it Sir Hiss
Go to Top of Page

bilbo
Yearling

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  21:28:26  Show Profile  Visit bilbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
went to get her out again tonight and she was hissing like mad.. didnt know untill i picked her up and got her out that she was in the blue stage of shed and put her back... she will be needing a feed on sunday do you think i should bother feeding her or just try one mouse and if she takes it put a 2nd one in after??????

Edited by - bilbo on 08/01/2010 21:28:54
Go to Top of Page

brookehamiltonx
Hatchling

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  01:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
get in there & show em who's boss haha :P don't think it would hurt too much if it bit you anyways :)
what age is she anyway?x

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  09:56:59  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bilbo

went to get her out again tonight and she was hissing like mad.. didnt know untill i picked her up and got her out that she was in the blue stage of shed and put her back... she will be needing a feed on sunday do you think i should bother feeding her or just try one mouse and if she takes it put a 2nd one in after??????

She'll be ok to miss a feed but you can try offering if you like.

Go to Top of Page

bilbo
Yearling

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  20:58:35  Show Profile  Visit bilbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
very happy tonight. she is due to shed so i was thinking i would try her on a rat for the first time i have had her so i went off to buy some rats and picked small rats witch still look big much bigger then the jumbo mice she has been eating. any way went in to get her out and she was hissing but i just picked her up anyway and she was fine and didnt ball up like last time. witch mad me very happy so i held her for 10 mins then i put her in a large rub to try feeding her in there for the first time as she has always been fed in the viv witch i dont like and wanted to see if she would feed and she did with no problems so i am well happy with her and hope it will get better from here and the hissing will soon stop... still in need of a name but one will come in time maybe i will watch some films and see if i find one there.. thanks for all your help guys...
Go to Top of Page

james200789
Yearling

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  02:10:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well done glad to know she is on rats now, they are alot more nutrients and goodness in them well done on picking her up again just keep at it and she will see you as no threat and stop hissing.

Go to Top of Page

bilbo
Yearling

United Kingdom
116 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  21:27:31  Show Profile  Visit bilbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok i got the new python out tonight and she was as good as gold no hissing nothing all was good. so i put her back i was sitting there watching het and i moved abit and BANG she stricked at me i jumped out of my skin lol then she did it again. what dose this mean?? as i find it abit odd why let me get her out with no problems then do that??? will all this stop or am i going to have a problem with her??? the only other thing is i have young kids and dont what them to be put off all snakes by her... i have only had her 2 weeks now... sorry to be a pain..
Go to Top of Page

james200789
Yearling

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  02:06:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
still could be down to nerves? but if that was the case she would curl up into a ball, she must see you as a threat.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  06:55:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Could have been a new smell in the room or something in her peripheral vision or just because of your movement. They are probably still nervous and hopefully they'll get better.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000