Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

boost-boy74
Snake Mite

31 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  08:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for your reply, i will keep trying every 5 days then - thanks for your reply its appreciated.....
Go to Top of Page

AlannaJohan
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  12:36:15  Show Profile  Visit AlannaJohan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Simon. Do try not to panic. Although ideally we'd like them to feed every week they can survive months without food so although inconvenient a few weeks without feeding shouldn't do too much harm. In fact I didn't even bother trying to feed Bruce for 2 weeks until after I got him as I figured he would be way too stressed from the relocation to be interested in food. Keep an eye on your new one's weight but otherwise just keep trying every 5 days. If still no luck you could try splitting the skull to expose the brain as although quite icky, the scent is much more tempting and helps direct the python where to strike?
Good luck - keep us updated x

Alanna
With Maya, Stan & Lucie (Alaskan Malamutes), Bruce (Royal Python) and Keith (fiance, lol).
Go to Top of Page

boost-boy74
Snake Mite

31 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2010 :  13:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, thanks will try again tomorrow - just wanted to make sure she would be ok.....cheers simon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000