Really Scary Shed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  18:26:20  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi guys, just thought i'd share this with you, it really scared me, my little one Ditto went into shed, she had her moist hide in n somethin to rub it off on, checked on her this morn and she seemed to be doin ok with it, but when i got home tonight and checked on her, the shed was like an elastic band around her middle, it had constricted her! Looked like it was cuttin her in half! i took her straight into a bowl of warmish water and managed to unwind it but now she is left with a bulge on her sides where it had tightened. she was due to feed tonight but gonna leave her and see if the bulge settles first before attemptin it. Or do you think i should offer her somethin??? Advice please!

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  19:32:27  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'd leave alone personally and keep an eye on her for a few days.

Go to Top of Page

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  21:30:11  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks BE will do. just wondered if anyone else has had this happen?

0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  22:20:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Never heard of it, must be a 1 in 1,000,000

Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  22:34:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd hazard a guess it's just really moist and has rolled back in a kinda reverse condom effect. My Brb has done this, i did watch him do it though so managed to get it off him sharpish.

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2010 :  22:39:21  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Think ur right Welly, she had chucked all the moss outta her hide by the time i got to her tonight,(it was in there this morn) the moss had dried out quite a bit which i guess caused the shed to tighten round her.

0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2010 :  09:38:54  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i guess she really needs pjs the next size up lol but really hope shes ok , just goes to show they may not need the time a dog etc need but u still need to check them x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000