Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  11:10:01  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just spoke to the chap on the phone he said shes part of a late clutch to hatch so if I want to go down I can see both the parents and the rest of the clutch, 2 of which are apparently visual piebalds

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  11:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck, hope this is it - why not take a photo or two and post it here so that experts can advise?

Do hope something works out for you.

My corn guy never replied - unless he's not had time. Don't really mind but hope the babies are ok.

Again good luck with your het pied!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  13:28:53  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if I should go for this or not now, I don't want to miss the chance to get it cheap but I don't fancy being screwed over, annoying how there isn't really any sure-fire way to test if it's het or not, I normally avoid buying anything that's priced "too good to be true"

I asked the chap for a photo of the snake so hopefully he'll oblige, not that it's going to make much of a difference can hardly tell by looking at the thing.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  17:07:00  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
kel, i contacted the guy i got my female off and he ses her doesn't have any more females now but will have next year, and will be selling at 150 again, so if u want to wait i can put you in conact with him, plus u can get them cheaper than 250 and crystal palace reptiles and theyle send to you, they sell theres at 200

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  20:36:48  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats great Danny, I'll still keep my eyes open but if I've got no luck next year I'll hold you to that, thanks a bunch :)

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  21:00:54  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its ok, i dont mind doing it for people who apreciate it and at the end of the day, why should i be selfish and keep the breeder to myself

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  20:52:01  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Christ, no offence to any of you here but, why are all breeders I speak to complete and utter rude sons of ...

Every one seems to be acting as if my questions are the bane of their life, as if I'm just going to say "Hey I'll buy that snake!" without a single question.

Can anyone recommend a nice breeder who might have some het pieds in stock? I'm happy to pay an extra £100 to stop dealing with these p****s.

edited for bad language

Edited by - lee2308 on 23/11/2010 22:31:21
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  21:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, sorry to hear that!

Wish I could find someone decent who's selling het pied for you.

If it's any consolation, the guy who was asking for help with those non-feeding corns (on that other forum) hasn't replied to my post or pm. Yes, you'd think they'd be delighted to receive genuine interest - can't understand what's with them!

When I bred Siamese cats I was encouraged by the breeder of my first girl to give a buyer every support, including being 'on call' for after-care ...Personally I would have been deeply suspicious of anyone who DIDN'T ask a zillion questions! However some other breeders weren't so scrupulous or courteous, I must say.

When I bought Saada I had plenty of questions for her previous owner, who said he was pleased I wanted info about her. And all the people who post on here - I'm sure they'd feel the same when selling a snake.

Put it down to human nature and keep on trying. One day your princess will come.

All the very best - will keep my fingers crossed for you. At least you can come on here and let off steam meanwhile - but I hope you find her soon!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  21:29:07  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've found a good 4 or 5 for sale by now at prices I'm willing to pay if only they'd improve their bloody mood towards me and answer some questions, it's madness if I wanted to sell something I'd at the very least answer all their questions, the amount of times I've sent an e mail to an advert asking some questions like "Does the snake come with papers? Is it female? what weight is it? Is it feeding sheeding well?" and my reply is like "Yes it's female" ... Really, fantastic! How about answering everything in my email instead of what takes your fancy?

Christ!

*Facedesk*

And on top of that, I come home from work looking forward to trying a new feeding tactic with Valhalla and she's shedding and in Evil-bitch-snake-from-hell-mode so couldn't get near her.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  22:32:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've heard of dealers who will only meet up in car parks to make a sale ... what is it with these guys? Well, if they won't part with basic info or aren't bothered enough about the snake to discuss her with you, vote with your feet. But it's deeply frustrating, I agree. There have got to be decent people out there though - keep on trying (easy enough for me to say, I know!)

New feeding technique with Valhalla? Thought that girl was one fat greedy gannet! Just to make you laugh, I defrosted a lovely big mouse for Shahi yesterday; his lordship was roosting on a clmbing branch so I didn't disturb him, but offered his meal in viv. He ran away. Into a hide. Odd! Rewarmed mouse, lifted hide out ... ohhh no. Blue! Should have checked his shedding records. Corns fed day before; Saada due for rat tomorrow. Waste of mousy ... sorry mousy!

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2597 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  22:33:57  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

I'm happy to pay an extra £100 to stop dealing with these p****s.

edited for bad language

could you please not use language like this kelfezond,it should of been picked up by the swear filter but wasnt,there are children using the forum

Members map-------Want to be on the map?

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  22:55:12  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry, was actually expecting the language filter to pick it up for me xP lazy I know

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  07:51:54  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol, some breeders just cannot be bothered to deal with people asking questions, all they want is a pain free sale
have you looked at crystal palace reptiles, i now they ahve a few females inn stock, and remember my offer if you dont find one this year

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  09:33:36  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I will Danny I appreciate it, and I asked CPR and they said they have none.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  10:19:51  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Also, The chap I was talking to yesterday took a picture today for me

http://static.preloved.co.uk/uploads/messagephotos/10/1124/2510415-307m.jpg

Apparently they're strong het pied markings -shrug- can't tell myself maybe one of you can tell

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  17:01:20  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes they are het pied markers but just because they ahve the markers it does not make them het pieds
some normals get het pied markers but are not het pieds, although if someone is selling a het pied then they make it slighlty stronger that it is a het pied

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  20:13:01  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I did a little research on it, seems that it's more common for poss het pieds who have markings to result in being real hets, but like you said it's not 100%.

Apparently the female is a het pied and the male is a pied (the parents) can't see him breeding his piebald to a normal royal just to sell some of the babies and claim that they're 100% to screw people out of money, might as well just breed it to a real het and benefit from the visual babies so I think I'll take his word for it.

And anyway it's only £150 so cheaper than most of the other female hets for sale, however Danny if your friend breeds some next year give me a shout if you would I might still be interested :)

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  08:00:35  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so are you buying that one, good on you
some breeders do breed pid to normal, both my two are from that pairing, crazy, i now, i dont get why you woudl breed just to get normal het pieds, but it benefits me lol

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  11:07:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, hope she's the one for you! Good luck!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2010 :  13:59:25  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So update to all interested.

I decided not to buy the female from the last chap I was dealing with as he stopped reply to me, not sure why but I don't like wasting my time.

I've found another chap today selling a female for £200, She's a tad older, just approaching breeding age from what I understand. Hopefully will get her before Christmas but knowing my luck with het females I wouldn't count on anything going to plan just yet ^^

If anyone has seen anymore adverts for a het pied female let me know :D

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000